SQ build help

SAMZ

i currently have 1 pioneer 6 1/2s, and 1 pioneer tweeter in each door.

I want to be super loud,and clear,i would like to have 1-2 subs in my car also, set to sq tho, so its not all bass.

Ive been lookng at mids and highs, i love beyma but the price is alot, id have to save a bit, but then the seleniums are almost perfect for me.

Selenium Vs Beyma is what it comes down to, then i gotta choose a good amp, i was thinking mbquart onx4.125, for tweets i was thinking selenium super tweet, crescendo supertweet there loud i heard em the other day

id like my car to be llike this-

i pretty new to this, ive only installed mids in highs in my boys car, it soounds awsome now, so i might need some help every now and then

the car in that link is not an SQ car....it's a rolling sound system lol-

also, SQ doesn't equal loud. You simply needs drivers that will properly cover their respected ranges, play 100+ db without distortion, a proper signal path with the ability to tune the system correctly. Then you need to take it to some who can tune a system. seriously...half the ppl claiming SQ are laughable simply because 'they' tune it.....lol

the fact that car audio 'guys', who subject their hearing to extreme levels of crap and distortion, claim to 'properly tune' their own system is bullshit. Show me the car audio 'tuner' who comes back from a hearing test with 100% hearing across the frq. band and then you can talk about tuning your system. Other than that, you will need a high quality RTA mic and metering software. You'll also need the knowledge to tune the system correctly, IE- what curve. Musical applications typically follow a certain slope, with the low end being roughly 5db higher than the high end. This results in a rich, warm sounding, musical system.

I would treat the doors properly, treat the car acoustically, get the appropriate products to eq and crossover the signal path. And for SQ- a digital signal processor is a must. for half assed SQ at least a 31 band eq if not more.

Without getting serious about SQ, you won't get sound quality. now go get'em!

My best help I could give is to go to a few sound quality competitions and see what the main stream products are being used and see what might fit your application ... And get a feel for sound quality "sound" cause stageing and imageing is much more application than just sounding good ...

Just my suggestion here bro ... Best of luck to ya ...

Thanks, Randal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

the car in that link is not an SQ car....it's a rolling sound system lol-

also, SQ doesn't equal loud. You simply needs drivers that will properly cover their respected ranges, play 100+ db without distortion, a proper signal path with the ability to tune the system correctly. Then you need to take it to some who can tune a system. seriously...half the ppl claiming SQ are laughable simply because 'they' tune it.....lol

the fact that car audio 'guys', who subject their hearing to extreme levels of crap and distortion, claim to 'properly tune' their own system is bullshit. Show me the car audio 'tuner' who comes back from a hearing test with 100% hearing across the frq. band and then you can talk about tuning your system. Other than that, you will need a high quality RTA mic and metering software. You'll also need the knowledge to tune the system correctly, IE- what curve. Musical applications typically follow a certain slope, with the low end being roughly 5db higher than the high end. This results in a rich, warm sounding, musical system.

I would treat the doors properly, treat the car acoustically, get the appropriate products to eq and crossover the signal path. And for SQ- a digital signal processor is a must. for half assed SQ at least a 31 band eq if not more.

Without getting serious about SQ, you won't get sound quality. now go get'em!

i know someone whos subjected to 155+ daily and has perfect hearing and also tunes sq cars

This guy has probably done this for years and/or a shop owner ... Is that the same case for you ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Not "perfect"..

My last hearing test showed I cant hear over 15k

I usally boost 16and 20k by 4db, then get a second opinion.

As for this thread...

Well.. A good speaker set that wont kill a cheaper budget.

Ready?......

Pioneer d series comps.

Fantastic for the dollar.

Hell, im gonna say best out of box set for 150.00 period

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Not "perfect"..

My last hearing test showed I cant hear over 15k

I usally boost 16and 20k by 4db, then get a second opinion.

As for this thread...

Well.. A good speaker set that wont kill a cheaper budget.

Ready?......

Pioneer d series comps.

Fantastic for the dollar.

Hell, im gonna say best out of box set for 150.00 period

Ill keep that in mind for the next build im going for my friend. :drink40:

James, I understand that you can build a 150 db capable machine that will stage and image ... We've done it ...

But I don't think that this has anything to with the op's reason for this topic ... Atleast not with the equipment he is suggesting on running ...

Samz ... Like I said bro ... Check to see what most SQ competitors are running and see what your application will bbe like compared to theirs ... And get a good feel for a stage and image before you start competing ... Let us know what you come up with ...

Again, just a suggestion here bro ...

Thanks, Randal ...

Archived