Sonic Electronix

That and your fuse could be too small.. is there any fusing on your amp right now?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

That and your fuse could be too small.. is there any fusing on your amp right now?

what do u mean ik the ap1800 has short circut protection but there is no fuses on the amp no

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

YOur amps probley drawing too much current which in turn the fuse wants to pop but it wont maybe be a bad fuse or its a cheap fuse...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

its ofc the wire is really good power wire. the thing is it doesnt get hot with a 40amp fuse maybe like u guys are saying the fuse is cheap have to go see if i can get a 120 amp maxi from advanced auto i think thats what the amp wants is 120 could be wrong though have to check in my book

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im running 4g to my ap1800 its being run at 2 ohms so i didnt see a problem with it the amp doesnt get hot. nor does the wire up untill right before the fuseblock so from the bat -----f-----amp right before the fuse on the battery side gets wicked hot it has a 100 amp fuse in it. the wire after the fuse block is cold to the touch. what causes this is my fuse to small

Your wire is getting hot just before the fuse telling me its got a loose connection at the fuse block from the battery, if left alone it will melt the fuse holder and even possibly start a fire.

EDIT: If it isn't loose then you have some serious resistance going on with that fuse holder.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Where do you have your fuse holder located? Is it near your exhaust manifold or other hot areas of the engine? I was a dumbass a few years ago with my one car and put the damn fuse holder right on my engines cover and that sucker heated up and the wire came loose and it shorted out right next to the fuel lines. Thank god i didnt have a rear battery as the wire burnt a little until my cap drained out.

If anything look closely at your fuse holder. I bought one from audio savings, (not trying to bag them), but i bought their cheaper ANL fuse holder and it was made out of that shitty ass bi-metal thats like aluminium and busted up metal compressed together. It worked but when i threw it between my stetsom 2k6d amp and the rear battery the aluminium on the holder got warm but the fuse and wire were ice cold. The wire was cranked in there so tight, i used a socket set with a hex head key on the end of it and cranked it on so tight i had the amp swinging in the air by the fuse holder and wire. lol. But like some other guys said check the wire and maybe get a new fuse and fuse holder. When i got a better fuse holder that was made out of the heavy metal components like solid brass (expensive but i like it) it never got warm again with the same wire and fuse.

Also take the wire out of the fuse holder and check if the 4ga reducer is in there on the wire. I didnt have a reducer on my fuse holder for my wire i burnt up on my old car so the wire was loose and i could pull it right out. If its a good quality brand like rockford fosgate, tsunami, or other brands they usually throw in the reducers with the entire holder for free. IF you dont have a reducer and its originally for 1/0 wire then thats your problem right there is the wire is too loose on the connections. If you do have a reducer make sure that the hole in it matches up to where the screw can go into it and lock it in place.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

replaced my orignal fuse holder/which was one that came with an amp kit with a cap i got from walmart about 3 years ago./ with a differnt type this one uses a fuse thats in glass. not sure what the word is. but this fuse is 60 amp and it doesnt get warm at all so for w,e reason i think that other fuse holder was shit there was bubbles on the end that went to the battery so good thing i changed it.

it sounds like your fuse holder did the same thing mine did too. I had 2 agu fuse holders that did the same thing and they were so far away from the engine it wasnt possible to get warm. I swapped it in the same spot with another brand and it fixed it. Mine never got warm but i had that bubbling effect on the case and idk what caused it. But im glad that fixed your problem. And just remember, only use a fuse that is below the max current rating of your wire.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

pretty sure 60 amps is less then my wires max so hopefully im good

Archived