Sonic Electronix

i just said it to let you know not that if the fuse heats up again you think to add a bigger fuse because that will not be smart to do. lol. Usually for 4g wire, 60-80 amps is great for a fuse. I always go with 60.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Make sure everything is tight and even. Mine would get hot and start to melt when the fuse wasnt flush to the bolt

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

i just said it to let you know not that if the fuse heats up again you think to add a bigger fuse because that will not be smart to do. lol. Usually for 4g wire, 60-80 amps is great for a fuse. I always go with 60.

60 amps or 4 gauge? Then i must be doing something wrong im running mine at 150 amps :shrug:

says 150 amps here on my wire?

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX4BL

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

60 amps or 4 gauge? Then i must be doing something wrong im running mine at 150 amps :shrug:

says 150 amps here on my wire?

http://www.knukoncep...m?prodID=KFX4BL

rofl fail at the pic on their site. if you read the jacket in the pic its of 1/0. hahaha. but anyways it depends on the manufacturer. Some wire is better than other brands out there. For example your KNU wire is OFC, not CCA so it can handle a little more power transmission than CCA cable. For your wire i really would not run more than 100 for a fuse with it being Knu.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

this is a resistance issue no doubt, either the wire is possibly corroded,or a bad connection, if the fuse holder was part of the problem it also would be hot, the wire being hot tells the whole story. change the wire and your problem should be fixed. pics are always a plus, please if you can let us see what your wire and fuse holder looke like, it will help get the correct answer for your problem alot faster.

edit--- ignore my post, glad you got it fixed car fires can be a bitch

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

i was gona take a pic of the fuse holder to show u guys how fucked up it got but now i lossed it FUCK lol but the wire before the fuse never got hot at all the jacket was fine not melted at all just the fuse holder its self was the only thing getting hot and only at the end that the batterys on. ran the amp with the new fuse holder/fuse for a few hard hitting songs at almost max volume wich is about 30-50 for me so no clipping. but anyway fuse holder didnt get hot at all.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived