Sundown Audio

Choosing amp for components

get a rockford t400-4 and it'll power those comps nicely

edit:

i have the prime 300-4 for my doors (two coaxials per door)ran at 2 ohm most components are 4 ohms if u get two sets per door wire at 2 ohm and you'll be golden

Edited by R3nOSlaPP

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

I wasn't planning on fiberglassing the doors purely because I don't have any experience with fiberglass. Would fiberglassing the doorpanels make a significant difference? Just looked at the components specs and they are 4 ohms, I should probably read a little more before I start asking more stupid questions. Thanks for the help again Danny, I'll get back to you tomorrow about this I've got to go.

I wasn't planning on fiberglassing the doors purely because I don't have any experience with fiberglass. Would fiberglassing the doorpanels make a significant difference? Just looked at the components specs and they are 4 ohms, I should probably read a little more before I start asking more stupid questions. Thanks for the help again Danny, I'll get back to you tomorrow about this I've got to go.

not a stupid question..fiber glassed door panels do make a difference it'll give you a cleaner response as that each speaker has its on little pocket

i have no experience with fiber glass but im doin mine this summer just gotta try it out you never know

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

not a stupid question..fiber glassed door panels do make a difference it'll give you a cleaner response as that each speaker has its on little pocket

i have no experience with fiber glass but im doin mine this summer just gotta try it out you never know

Okay, I'm going to do a bit of research on fiberglassing the door then I'll probably give it a shot, most likely fail, but I guess its worth a shot. Also, I'm going to take a look at that rockfosgate amp

Another double pot

Since I don't need a four channel amp (at least I don't believe I do) could I just run this two channel amp My link? It'd save me a bit of money but it looks like its got just about the same power output. It says 4 Gauge power and ground wire is recommended; That's quite a big difference than the previously recommended 12 gauge wire. I think I may be confused though, should I run 4 gauge from my battery to the amp but 12 to the crossover?

Edited by Str8Bumpin

um...NO

you have no experience but you still just spew that its better ? whats wrong with that picture?

Dude there is a lot of work in fibreglassing doors aswell as the cost of glass and epoxy, also as the time it takes to sand down, use filler, them sand down again, paint or cover, your giving him advice on something you`ve never done before? Besides, if you cut a hole and make a little bracket for the speaker its still gonna have its own little pocket,

Anyway good luck to the OP :drinks: dont forget a build log if you plan anything big :popcorn:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

one of the only things a glassed panel allows you to do is move the speaker placement and direction its firing (or fit more speakers in a single door). having them enclosed could actually blow them out being that some if not most regular speakers are designed for infinite baffle.

personally, I have tried enclosing mids (memphis PR6.5s) and it did have a favorable result, (my mids became a little more punchier) but I also had a large amount of space behind them. I couldn't tell you if these speakers would be good for an enclosed application being that I have no experience with them and Im guessing SlaPP doesn't either. nothing says a fiberglass panel will yield you a "cleaner response".

Another double pot

Since I don't need a four channel amp (at least I don't believe I do) could I just run this two channel amp My link? It'd save me a bit of money but it looks like its got just about the same power output. It says 4 Gauge power and ground wire is recommended; That's quite a big difference than the previously recommended 12 gauge wire. I think I may be confused though, should I run 4 gauge from my battery to the amp but 12 to the crossover?

to clarify, your looking for 4 speakers (or components) correct? Id just run a 4 channel and be done with it. you'd run 1 channel to each crossover. then each crossover would have a mid and tweeter. you don't need to be running at 2 ohms. and yes your speaker wire will be a higher gauge (smaller) than your power wire.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Dude there is a lot of work in fibreglassing doors aswell as the cost of glass and epoxy, also as the time it takes to sand down, use filler, them sand down again, paint or cover, your giving him advice on something you`ve never done before? Besides, if you cut a hole and make a little bracket for the speaker its still gonna have its own little pocket,

Anyway good luck to the OP :drinks: dont forget a build log if you plan anything big :popcorn:

I suppose that does seem like quite a bit more than I'm trying to spend on my system as of now. I'm struggling to get the money just to afford system I'd like, and I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to fabrication. In your opinion would cutting holes in the current door panels be a good idea? How'd I get a mounting bracket for?

one of the only things a glassed panel allows you to do is move the speaker placement and direction its firing (or fit more speakers in a single door). having them enclosed could actually blow them out being that some if not most regular speakers are designed for infinite baffle.

personally, I have tried enclosing mids (memphis PR6.5s) and it did have a favorable result, (my mids became a little more punchier) but I also had a large amount of space behind them. I couldn't tell you if these speakers would be good for an enclosed application being that I have no experience with them and Im guessing SlaPP doesn't either. nothing says a fiberglass panel will yield you a "cleaner response".

Another double pot

to clarify, your looking for 4 speakers (or components) correct? Id just run a 4 channel and be done with it. you'd run 1 channel to each crossover. then each crossover would have a mid and tweeter. you don't need to be running at 2 ohms. and yes your speaker wire will be a higher gauge (smaller) than your power wire.

Yes it'll be 4 speakers. Thanks man, that clears things up quite a bit.