Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Well Let me clear a few things up first. I did say Mike could post the build log. I don't care to post multiple build logs on many different forums. I just post the pics on facebook and the pics are public.

The 162dB (with chaos 15's) was not a legit daily score in my eyes(burp maybe), the amps were at .3 ohm for a burp and thus would not do daily music with that load(nor would the subwoofers or electrical). The 160.1 was with the chaos 15's also, the proper musical score with amps each at 1.4 ohm before rise and a total amp power clamped at just around 11kw. Since then I dropped half the batteries(I needed to drop weight in the rear)It lost a bit of dB but I hope to gain it back some with more alternators.

The floor is not concrete as most of you know. Its my own blend of concrete powder, aggregate, fiberglass mat and resin. It is half the weight and perfect for our application in car audio.

I give credit to people like Kris Derbowka(Body work and paint), Corey Christensen(transmission and alt work) This guy has been a great student of audio and has an even crazier daily build than anyone world wide(not kidding).

And how about the guys down at Fi and AA, they have built the subwoofers that I thought were entry level(the chaos) but I soon found out after opening up their packaging that I would have a bit of fun with them while I waited for the N3's. So as soon as I am able to finally wrap the box up with N3's and tune the front stage to blend seamlessly into the bass with sound any true SQ guy can appreciate, I can enjoy it a bit and maybe do a show circuit so others can have a demo(or 2).

Ya ya I know you think n3's are not daily subwoofers but its not hard to mod the enclosure to suit them to play deep and still show their teeth when cranked up. These N3's have to keep up with four sets of active components and I might be putting in four 8" midbass depending on how the tuning goes with the doors and the JBL MS-8

This vehicle remains totally street legal, offroad capable 4x4, and if/when I do ever get around to dropping a 350 smallblock into it, I will enjoy the 25+ mpg I get with it. Almost all of the suspension is new except the torsion bars and keys which will be changed this fall for a 2" leveling kit(the back is so much higher.

If you have any questions just ask here or PM I will try to watch for questions but for the most part I am sure Mike will have some fun with this one. Just keep it civil.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Very nice build Don

This has been built up for awhile hasn't it? I see it in your avi, and you have had that pic for awhile now.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i like the way it looks on the outside.

nice build. those are some nice numbers

05 Ford F150 Single Cab

Audio:

-Pioneer DEH-3200DVD

-Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front

-RE Audio 5x7 Rear

-DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box

-Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp

-Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp

-Audison Connnection RCAs

-Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio

The wall tuning is a complicated thing, on paper its tuned to 35hz, in the vehicle closed up its tuned to 38Hz with one and two doors open its tuned to 32Hz. The port is much longer than those old pictures show and I think I will add more port length soon. The peak note now with the doors closed is 45,46 and 47 all within .1 dB. and 24Hz-26Hz is my -6dB point depending on temperature. Its really designed to be open door played, thus the center port uses the front windshield to load off of to create even lower tuning with doors open.

The vehicle goes through testing stages as you see with the cloth and resin interior that did not make the cut. I test everything I do to this vehicle right down to the weight of the doors. I dropped down to four pair of components from eight because thats where I found the point where much more than that and it forces you to space out the mids and tweets to much and you get nasty cancellation and tonal problems. I sifted through dozens of tweeters and found the softer sounding off axis ones that interior really makes things loud but with proper work it will sound equally as nice.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Archived