Sonic Electronix

so i have a bettery charger that i can set to charge anywhere from 9v-18v and i had it sitting on my car battery charging it at 16v ended up with a 13.6 resting so that was pretty sexy. but it being a 12v battery im asuming it doesnt like to have that high of a voltage.

so ive been pondering the idea of a 18v neon. i have a 98 neon and im wondering what i would need to do to run a 18v battery upfront and have it charge at 16-18.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Your car will not like 18v, what people do is, run 12v on the car then 18v to the amps, whichmeans youll need a step down modual, MOST people who run 18v do it for comps only, not daily driving

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

^ agree

For daily use just stay at normal voltage.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Your car will not like 18v, what people do is, run 12v on the car then 18v to the amps, whichmeans youll need a step down modual, MOST people who run 18v do it for comps only, not daily driving

Why exactly wouldn't you want an 18 volt system for daily? I would think if its set up correctly, you wouldn't have a problem.

I don't doubt what you're saying is the case, I'm asking more about the why factor.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Like mentioned, you wouldnt run the car electronics at 18v+, just the system. I can't see how it would be worth the trouble unless you were pretty serious about shows. Alt(s) and extra battery(s) work wonders.

I screw and tune music a bit for fun. All uploads clip free from 60ish down to under 5hz (all music). Everything from 80's hip-hop to modern stuff. More genres coming soon! Feedback appreciated

2ljj1wp.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/RacinJason1971

im not talking about running my whole electrical off 18v just having my alt charge at 18v and the battery be an 18v battery sending 18v to the amp. so id want to run the cars electrical off 12v. ive seen some batterys that have both 18v and 12v tabs anyone ever used these

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i wasnt aware of that but if thats what i need then thats what ill do now i guess the next question is where do i find an alt for my 98 neon to charge at 20v

Archived