Sonic Electronix

You can't hear the windshield, lol. Bass boost, easiest way to explain it is to NOT USE IT. Make sure you get your gains set correctly. Then I would double check your wiring to ensure a 1 ohm load nominal. And if its still not loud, double check your wiring. And if you're sure you did it all correctly, look to your enclosure. Maybe its not as awesome as you think.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Me personally have always used a bass boost and if I wasn't lazy I would do a write up about it.

Fact, your gain control only has one setting on it per different head unit.

The bass boost would be useful depending on the type of music you listen too. LOL this is why I run RF.

I'm a huge rock and heavy metal fan and that is where a bass boost comes into play for me. A variable bass boost can come in real handy if you need help emphasizing your resonant frequency.

Unfortunetly the bass boost has become the death of many woofers to many new comers to car audio.

PS if you set up your bass boost for rock and metal and then tried to play rap witch already has an emphasis recorded into the bass at the same volume level as you play rock you will clip and then blow your subs in a short period of time.

If you want to run your bass boost than you need to turn your gain down to allow for the boosted output from the bass boost.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Me personally have always used a bass boost and if I wasn't lazy I would do a write up about it.

The bass boost would be useful depending on the type of music you listen too. LOL this is why I run RF.

I'm a huge rock and heavy metal fan and that is where a bass boost comes into play for me. A variable bass boost can come in real handy if you need help emphasizing your resonant frequency.

Unfortunetly the bass boost has become the death of many woofers to many new comers to car audio.

PS if you set up your bass boost for rock and metal and then tried to play rap witch already has an emphasis recorded into the bass at the same volume level as you play rock you will clip and then blow your subs in a short period of time.

If you want to run your bass boost than you need to turn your gain down to allow for the boosted output from the bass boost.

Its nice to see you back here dropping wisdom. Dunno if I've just been missing you, or if you took a break, but either way, I like it.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Its nice to see you back here dropping wisdom. Dunno if I've just been missing you, or if you took a break, but either way, I like it.

Man I appreciate this.

Incase you didn't notice before I disapered my head was getting all fucked up and strung out. I'm proud to say that I'm doing better and I'm starting to care about things again and to an extent I enjoy trying to inform others.

I also moved back to Ohio and had to get internet back too. Life is moving in a positive direction and hopefully I will be seen more often to help out.

Thanks, I like to know that I have fans or a fan LOL. SMD will always be my home forum and the place that I choice to help at :drinks::good:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

OP... Seriously if I were you, I would reconsider the fact that your gains aren't set properly, and look at stickies on setting gains in the amp section of the forum. After that, you should be able to experiment with bass boost, however, once you learn about gains you will most likely not give a shit about boost. IJS.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

ISO... whatever you're going through, we're here for you brah. I didn't mean any disrespect or anything but just going back to the OP original question. :drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

OP... Seriously if I were you, I would reconsider the fact that your gains aren't set properly, and look at stickies on setting gains in the amp section of the forum. After that, you should be able to experiment with bass boost, however, once you learn about gains you will most likely not give a shit about boost. IJS.

ok fellas i drove 1 hr to columbia sc today, its a audio shop that be open 7days a week.. Got the gains set today. Ended up not having to use boost. The gain is actually on 1/4 now. Kinda of close to the halfway mark. I had it way down below 1/4. Sounds very clean, hitting hard and picking up the lows. Someone posted earlier on this topic and said the same thing i was told today. On them sa-12 i need around 2000rms to really give what they want. So going to upgrade to a bigger amp soon. probally gone be the brz2100

he also told me the samething u just relpied. I feel more safe just getting a bigger amp that puts out around 2000rms for these beasts. I did notice the audiopipe1500 gets real hot using the boosts, by the time i got home today it was just a tad warm after pounding hard..

How did they set your gains? Did they adjust by ear, set to half and leave it, use a dmm, or did they use a o-scope. After some reading on here for a while, using a o-scope really is teh only real way to set the gains properly. First you need to see at what volume the h/u is clipping ( dirty signal ) at, the set the amplifer gains after that. This really is the only accurate way. Ive gone to shops here local to me and talked to them about amp gains and settings and some of them do it there own way, which is usally by ear.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

How did they set your gains? Did they adjust by ear, set to half and leave it, use a dmm, or did they use a o-scope. After some reading on here for a while, using a o-scope really is teh only real way to set the gains properly. First you need to see at what volume the h/u is clipping ( dirty signal ) at, the set the amplifer gains after that. This really is the only accurate way. Ive gone to shops here local to me and talked to them about amp gains and settings and some of them do it there own way, which is usally by ear.

by ear... he been doing it 15 years.. someone referred me to him.. Bass is so smooth and clean