Reversing polarity

Has anybody heard or tried of reversing the polarity of the tweeters. I remember reading it in an instruction manual of some Polk Audio components I had back in the mid 90's. From what the manual states it gives the tweeter an off axis sound stage. Will this harm the tweeters in any way or not worth doing?

wont harm them at all. its called a 180* phase shift.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I remember Ray mentioning something about it. You can actually try phase shifting every speaker one at a time and see if you like the changes.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

ive always heard that when you mount your tweeters more than 12 inches away from a mid, that you can reverse the polarity of the tweeter to help with phasing.

Edited by huh?do-what?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

tweeter will be heard sooner than mid basically without a physics lecture if hooked up standard way from same source point

so by reversing polarity u are adding a "time delay" into the tweeter so the mid and tweet arrive at your head at the same time. doesnt work all the time but it can help alot

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg