Sundown Audio

Blown amp... fixable?

dkahns51

there is no reason for you to measure dc offset. dont know why anyone told you you needed to know what it was.

was on this topic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111156-broken-sub-video/page__pid__1556148__st__40#entry1556148

He was just saying if it was higher then 0.00 something was wrong with my amp. well it measured 0.00 the first time i measured so it was fine. then i switched the damn cords.. then it wasn't fine.

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

haha.. yeah, that's true. Only professional installs are warrantied. But then again, the guys at Rockford are super cool. Call them, anyway..

And again, you don't even know if the amp is gone, so there's no point of sitting around wallowing in your sorrows, just yet.

I've had a lot of my equipment begin to smoke (subs and amps); I would think the sub or amp was beyond recall, only to find out that it still worked fine.

Making dumb mistakes is a part of a learning process that everyone here has went through (and still going through).

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

there is no reason for you to measure dc offset. dont know why anyone told you you needed to know what it was.

was on this topic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111156-broken-sub-video/page__pid__1556148__st__40#entry1556148

He was just saying if it was higher then 0.00 something was wrong with my amp. well it measured 0.00 the first time i measured so it was fine. then i switched the damn cords.. then it wasn't fine.

Guy had 181 posts..

edit - after reading that thread i'm starting to think the amp was damaged somewhere along the line before you got to poking with a DMM.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Guy had 181 posts..

edit - after reading that thread i'm starting to think the amp was damaged somewhere along the line before you got to poking with a DMM.

it read 0.00 and was getting good volts to it.. so i dunno.

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

haha.. yeah, that's true. Only professional installs are warrantied. But then again, the guys at Rockford are super cool. Call them, anyway..

And again, you don't even know if the amp is gone, so there's no point of sitting around wallowing in your sorrows, just yet.

I've had a lot of my equipment begin to smoke (subs and amps); I would think the sub or amp was beyond recall, only to find out that it still worked fine.

Making dumb mistakes is a part of a learning process that everyone here has went through (and still going through).

Its gone, i plugged it in today.. didn't even turn on. Talking with people to see if i can get it fixed or if its under warranty.

Call Rockford Fosgate, and by call I mean call about 10-20 times in a row. They are very helpful and can get you an immediate flat rate cost to repair. A repair by Rockford is just as dependable as a new amp by Rockford. And yeah the amps worth fixing, and please learn from your mistake.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

• 2 weeks later...

blow an amp/sub myself, but not like you did, when I brought it back the guys was sound about it and helped out, for the sub got a new one and the amp got the money back and the guy did not loose out. it noting to worry about at all. the good audio places that are any good will look after ya like said above.

but if you are ever doing that again with a ddm, ground it of the body of the car as to protect the amp or amps etc :good:

6F12AARZFX.jpg

Archived