Sundown Audio

0 gauge wire brands?

ive been looking around the web and ive seen alot of 0 gauge brands but i waz wondering witch brand is the best for the money?

incriminator audio death penalty 18' dual 1.6 to be exact.

hifonics brz2400.1 wired 2 .8 ohms.

hifonics hfi 100.4 mids and highs.

hifonics zeus 6.5 separates 11mm tweets.

3 300 amp fuses, 0 gauge wire.

yellow top optima in front and back.

alpine head unit.

Knuconxepts wire is good then there is stuff like shock industires cable that may be called the best

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

your gonna get alot of different ones....

so to some it up- shok, knu, monster p400, stinger, rockford, trystar welding cable are a few to look into

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

thanks.

incriminator audio death penalty 18' dual 1.6 to be exact.

hifonics brz2400.1 wired 2 .8 ohms.

hifonics hfi 100.4 mids and highs.

hifonics zeus 6.5 separates 11mm tweets.

3 300 amp fuses, 0 gauge wire.

yellow top optima in front and back.

alpine head unit.

mobile spec

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

ive ran tons of different brand wires with different results.

I recently bought some KNU KCA 1/0 wire off a guy on here and it seems to be slightly smaller than the wire i use now. I have used audiopipe, tsunami, rockford fosgate, and knu. So far though i have not hooked up the fosgate and KNU wire as i just bought them and will use them after i make my box, get 3 more d3100's for the rear and get it all mounted. Looking at them all side by side, the fosgate is very flexible and has a good amount of wire in there but i think knu and tsunami have them beat just a little bit. Now for audio pipe and tsunami they are very thick for wire and its hard as hell to bend, not like knu or fosgates wire. The thickness is near the same but the audiopipe is somewhat smaller than the tsunami.

Heres how i would rate my brand wires i used by visual apperance (thickness)

1.) Tsunami competition 1/0 wire

2.) Audiopipe competition 1/0 wire

3.) rockford fosgate competition 1/0 wire and knukonceptz KCA 1/0 wire

The tsunami and audio pipe just suck since they are hard to bend the right way due to the thickness of the wire inside but i get around that by tossing the roll of wire on my roof (yeah its ghetto but screw it, it works) for a few hours and then when its nice and hot i put it in and it bends just like KNU and fosgate wire does.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived