DC Sound Lab

hope some1 from DC can help

Haha, grandma used to have a few dozen of them as well.

On topic, i'm sure Rusty will make it right.

looks like a bad recone job.... dunno how rusty will make it right if it was user error..

he said he got the recone in a few days ago, not that he sent it to rusty and rusty reconed it himself...

i think you will be buying another recone.. but thats just me

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

looks like a bad recone job.... dunno how rusty will make it right if it was user error..

he said he got the recone in a few days ago, not that he sent it to rusty and rusty reconed it himself...

What in user error would cause the coil to unwind like that, I've seen burnt and destroyed coils unwind but not a good looking coil like that, maybe no shims were used? :shrug:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

What in user error would cause the coil to unwind like that, I've seen burnt and destroyed coils unwind but not a good looking coil like that, maybe no shims were used? :shrug:

no idea man.. alot of shit can happen if you dont do things the right way...

but if rusty reconed it, then I am willing to be he would take care of it ..

if the OP reconed it, im also willing to bet he will be buying a new recone...

not trying to be a dick or anything, but you cant expect some one to warranty something if you fuck it up by not doing it the right way.. lol

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

no we shimmed it and made absolute sure nothing was rubbing or binding before we glued it. we even checked the former to make sure it wasnt rubbing the pole. and we checked the coil as we pulled it out and didnt see any spots where it looked like it rubbed against the magnet b4 it came loose. trust me guys its not the 1st recone i did before. i just never had 1 fall apart like that before

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

no we shimmed it and made absolute sure nothing was rubbing or binding before we glued it. we even checked the former to make sure it wasnt rubbing the pole. and we checked the coil as we pulled it out and didnt see any spots where it looked like it rubbed against the magnet b4 it came loose. trust me guys its not the 1st recone i did before. i just never had 1 fall apart like that before

Ive just never seen it happen, but you are probably better off calling rusty and talking to him directly..

not saying you fucked it up or anything, but there is always a first, just like it could have been a faulty recone..

Team DC Audio

no idea man.. alot of shit can happen if you dont do things the right way...

but if rusty reconed it, then I am willing to be he would take care of it ..

if the OP reconed it, im also willing to bet he will be buying a new recone...

not trying to be a dick or anything, but you cant expect some one to warranty something if you fuck it up by not doing it the right way.. lol

Then maby recones shouldnt be sent to people cus how many really know how to do it right.I dont but am willing to give it a try if i have to and i wouldnt blame anyone if there was a prob

Edited by superchargedamd

Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

it could me a bad amp or over powered it or you wired the coil backwards i onces had a coil that was labeled wrong and the same thing happend - was + and positive was -

TEAM 420

TEAM MAXXSONICS

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM XS Power

SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS" 163.9db

SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener