The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build

So little update. About to work on the amp rack, but wanted to run wires for the hsks and power them and the amps up. First problem is the factory door boots in my civic actually use molex connectors to hookup the power locks and windows...so anything short of drilling into the molex connectors, I'll have to run my own grommet and I don't have one. Kind stuck on what to do to fix that.

Second order of business, my stinger 4 gauge ring terms are only 1/4" which apparently won't fit my fuseblocks...so I need to either find someone around town who sell them, or order more. Gonna check lowes and maybe radioshack later. I don't think the welding supply place that's somewhat local is open on Sunday's. So I'm kind of out of ideas on what to work on. I've got the tweets mounted and wired in te apillars and the xovers are mounted. Just the steps after that far are falling apart haha.

So I'm gonna probably finish the amp rack and may have to wait to have my speakers playing until tomorrow or later...:cray:

Im gonna start putting everything back in soon and will see if I can't workout the issues. If I cant im stuck with some 6x9s in the rear deck on hu power. :noob:

11%25252011%25253A23%25253A25%252520PM.jpg

:peepwall:

Anyone want to see a completed non perfect amp rack? {That isnt fully completed because I cant hook up the amps due to non fitting ring terms on the fuseblocks and I couldnt fit the wiring through the molex connector in the stock weather grommets...unless I drill holes in them which im not sure if I can do without fucking up my power windows/locks)

Have updated pics I'll be posting soon, but I wanted to get everyones opinion...2 12s vs 1 15. The two 12s would probably be a step down from top since I have to buy two subs vs one...I just like the fact that you don't see many 1 15" trunk builds sealed off. I think id rather have slightly less cone for a less common setup. Thoughts?

Some updates here. Pictures for the SMD whores. :drinks:

Tweets mounted. These WILL be fiberglassed and aimed much better once I have to time to delve into that project.

11%25252011%25253A24%25253A12%252520PM.jpg

Amp rack completed. I had a VERY dull circular saw blade that is very old...so getting straight cut is...impossible is close. Especially with angled cuts. If only I had a table saw. :peepwall:

11%25252011%25253A23%25253A04%252520PM.jpg

Another shot...trunks been cleaned up since this, and amp rack is mounted with L brackets, so I can easily remove it if ever necessary.

11%25252011%25253A23%25253A48%252520PM.jpg

Xovers mounted...may end up mounting them on the outside of the door panels up front, or when I actually fiberglass them ill mount them to a panel on the door with a plexi window. :shrug:\

11%25252011%25253A22%25253A45%252520PM.jpg

Gotta upload the next set of pics. Big update on the car.

Archived