Sonic Electronix

First about the system, Stepdad bought a 03' Harley Davidson F150 about a month ago, and the previous owner is assumed to have installed everything. It has an older model Pioneer Premier deck, a Premiere GM-7150M Mono amp pushing two 10" Punch P2's, and a Premiere GM-6150F for the Mids/highs, not sure what speakers are in the doors. The system seems pretty well put together, like the guy/installer new pretty well what he was doing. Anyway, Stepdad comes home today and tells me that he was listening to it pretty loud on the way home today, and it suddenly cut off, and he wants me to check it out. First thing that comes in my mind is a blown fuse, so I check under the hood and I find this:

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

I wasn't expecting that. I was then thinking that there was a short somewhere, but the Fuse was still good, so maybe the fuse is to big for the system? It looks as if the block(aluminum?) that the wire and fuse connect to just completely melted down. I explored the possibility that maybe it came in contact with the engine, since it looked as if it was hanging down some into the engine bay, but couldn't find any kind of burn marks anywhere. None of the rest of the system appears to be damaged in anyway, the deck still turns on and works, and there seems to be no burn/damage to either of the amps. So I'm kinda stumped as to why the wire just melted right there, while the fuse stayed intact. :pardon::shrug:

Thanks in advance! :drink40:

:ohsnap:

literally my reaction.

if that is 4awg wire that fuse could be too big. but because of where it melted i would say it was a bad connection. there was a lot of resistance at that spot for whatever reason.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

God damn! naw the engine wouldnt get anywhere near the temp required to burn the wire,

is it 4 gauge? Would be better off with a 100 amp tbh =/ just incase there is something wrong, you dont want the F-150 burning down, or switch it up to 1/0 guage, might be something else that caused the melting though, like a surge in power or :pardon:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

ive seen it before. bad connection.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Could it have shorted out on that A/C pipe? In the second picture it looks like the wire is the perfect length to touch it.

Either way I would run a whole new power wire just in case.

HU: Pioneer Avic Z2

MIDS/HIGHS:Pioneer GM-6400F > Infinity Kappa 6.5"(Front), 6X9(rear)

LOWS: JL Audio 500/1v2 > 12" JL Audio W6v2 D4

God damn! naw the engine wouldnt get anywhere near the temp required to burn the wire,

is it 4 gauge? Would be better off with a 100 amp tbh =/ just incase there is something wrong, you dont want the F-150 burning down, or switch it up to 1/0 guage, might be something else that caused the melting though, like a surge in power or :pardon:

he doesnt mean the heat from the engine, at least i hope. i think he means that it could have shorted out against the engine. that could cause something like this to happen.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.