Distortion Detector VS O-scope REASON #11 to use the DD-1

It would be real cool if someone (tony) could comeup with a all in one very accurate tool that we can measure output in wattage. No calculating just hookup and it says 100wrms per that specific channel as such. Steve its cool you can take the credit for this... :popcorn:

Measuring wattage requires the use of a DMM and a Clamp meter, to measure voltage and current, at the same time. Those two numbers you multiple together to get your wattage.

Technically, I'm sure a unit could be made that did both, and then took both numbers and multiplied them for you...but realistically, I'm not sure how feasible that would be.

Some initial NS-1 testing in Brandon's truck -- we haven't gone in depth yet to see if we can squeeze more out of it; just a quick initial test before we head home today. Best clamp was 6090 watts @ 1.3 ohm actual @ 12.1 volts actual using my Extech True RMS power clamp meter about 6-8 seconds into the tone to avoid picking up initial spikes. I think we have more left in it - more testing to come as we get it dialed in a bit!

380976 - Single Phase/Three Phase 1000A AC Power Clamp Meter : This is the clamp I use here for product testing. You will find it reads much lower than using two normal clamp meters separately for voltage and current as this meter was made to measure power. So not directly comparable to any other testing but my own with the same clamp.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

The DD-1 will be nice. The only other thing i will use my scope for is testing for CAN

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

• 1 month later...

well.. i will put away a 20 from each pay check and buy one XD! epic

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

In my opinion this is just gonna be a great tool for those trying to proctect their investsments I can say first hand I never new how to properly set gains shyt let alone wat an o-scope was but watchin steves youtube videos Im starting to understand theirs more to sounds then just a few subs n amps and Im guessin the purpose of the tool is to help u set your system up correctly forthe mostpart am glad this is available its a great tool from what ive seen so far and its affordable n strait to da point light turns on u gonna snap sum shyt up light goes off ur safe simple n easy from what ive seen. . .

• 6 years later...

This site has helped me a lot in whether deciding to go for the DD1, so I would just like to make a post to say thanks 
It took a while to track down a UK seller, but wow was it worth it. Yes, it's a good chunk of money, but for the speed, ease of use and accuracy, you have another fanboy!

Took all of 20 minutes to find the head unit limit, to check if where I had set the amp gains was safe, and to then check them again after all eq's had been applied to find the new volume that its safe to play up to. Priceless and a huge peace of mind factor that makes me the cost vs result worth every penny.

That's it, just wanted to say thanks.

PS Is there any chance on the next product of adding an input signal of 150/200hz for setting the mid-bass with? Still highly recommend the product even without it.

Edited by KevinRabbit