Sonic Electronix

Does powerbass make good stuff or do the lower prices seem too good to be true? Anyone know? How do they compare to RF?

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

1 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 inch subwoofer

Custom built ported box fit to specs of subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate P400.1 Amplifier

Rockford Fosgate Power 5x7

and 6x8

door speakers

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB Headunit

Does powerbass make good stuff or do the lower prices seem too good to be true? Anyone know? How do they compare to RF?

powerbass = garbage IMO.. RF = great quality.

Why garbage? just because it isn´t as expensive as your RF??? i mean, i have a 400.4 for about 5 years now without any problems, i used an asa1500.1 and sounded awesome for the price, also ested the xta4000D and it´s a monster, it can take 0.5 ohms for music and 0.25 ohms for burps without any problems, not like your RF by the way ;)

By the way, look at Pulse car audio videos using a pair of powerbass amps for a single DD 9515 hitting 157 dbs sealed on the dash, and then you might think again about saying is garbage, of course, i respect your opinion as your preferences by using RF wich i totally understand, but garbage?? yeah right ;)

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Great way to back up your opinion with some facts. <_<

Some will say Powerbass isn't the quality it use to be, then again some can same the same for RF.

The ASA line is pretty good for the price point.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got 2 of the new 3xl 15's in 7 cubes tuned to 28hz and hits hard as hell, and if u got the right amp they can be wired to 1/4 ohm. Mines are running off a mtx 81000d so I can only wire the woofers to 1 ohm. The amp is actually rated at 4 and 2 ohms so I guess Im kinda pushing it but Im gonna wire the woofers down to 1/4 ohm anyways and if I blow the amp oh well. Guess that will be an excuse to get a bigger amp lol. I was skeptical at first about powerbass compared to kicker, mtx, rf, etc. So far I am satisfied.These are pretty decent subs. I paid $500 for the pair. All the stores wanted $600-$700 pair so I guess I got a deal. Haven't mic'd em yet but im sure right now its capable of at least 145db or higher. Pics and vids coming soon.

Why garbage? just because it isn´t as expensive as your RF??? i mean, i have a 400.4 for about 5 years now without any problems, i used an asa1500.1 and sounded awesome for the price, also ested the xta4000D and it´s a monster, it can take 0.5 ohms for music and 0.25 ohms for burps without any problems, not like your RF by the way ;)

By the way, look at Pulse car audio videos using a pair of powerbass amps for a single DD 9515 hitting 157 dbs sealed on the dash, and then you might think again about saying is garbage, of course, i respect your opinion as your preferences by using RF wich i totally understand, but garbage?? yeah right ;)

run that powerbass at .25 daily and see how long it will last.. when it comes to amps you should not cheap out.. sure the 4 channel ones may work alright.. but in the long run of going through cheap amps you could have bought one nice one that lasts years and years.. :shtf:

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

I just got my powerbass xa3000 and its a beast I'm running it at. 5 daily now gets a little warm I sold my dd m3 needed cash so I bought the powerbass for 315 shipped this is my favorite amp to date easily much louder than my m3 to the ear we will see if it meters better I hope it does this is my 1st powerbass product and I'm very pleased with it

www.wooferwarehouse.com