Sonic Electronix

JL Audio / Studio Six Digital Iphone App vs. Termlab meter

JL Audio would not show affiliation with it or allow the company to use their logo on the app, or even host a download/purchase link for the app on their site if that was the case.

I did a bit of reading on the termlab site about the difference from a regular mic and their termlab and got my answer.

http://www.termpro.com/storefront/page605.html#sensorbenefits

With that being said, yeah I would say that this is the end of the discussion, but this is an audio forum, and I had a question with a request about a particular car audio app and the tools that it came with whether it was useful or not. And my answer is that yes it can be useful, but not in conditions where sound levels are to the point where microphone distortion can occur.

Because JL has spent "thousands of dollars and countless man hours" on this app right?!?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

this thread looks done but whatever it's worth, the newer iPhones (3GS, 4) along with many other newer phones have a pop filter built into the mic, and this will severely cut down on the already very limited accuracy because it basically completely cuts out any low end response from the reading.

Bottom line, these apps are worthless for any real readings

:deadhorse:

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

It does not matter what filters get added to the mic, a mic will still be a mic and NEVER useful for these kind of readings. It's like trying to rationalize using a fork for soup. The OP knows this but doesn't want to admit it, and then does research and is given reasons why a mic will not work, but wishes to delude himself that it CAN useful.

fail_thread.jpg

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It does not matter what filters get added to the mic, a mic will still be a mic and NEVER useful for these kind of readings. It's like trying to rationalize using a fork for soup. The OP knows this but doesn't want to admit it, and then does research and is given reasons why a mic will not work, but wishes to delude himself that it CAN useful.

fail_thread.jpg

Not really, just done talking about it.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Sensai, I started this thread with a request for somone who had access to a termlab tl meter, to test the app with. And I've stated it repeatedly. And I also stated that it's best not to use the app in place of a professional tl meter. But for some reason, you overlooked all of that by questioning it's purpose and questioning my integrity and whether I knew a thing or two about car audio and tl meters or not. Now mind you if a magazine like the former Auto Sound and Security came across the app, and they had a tl meter, I'm sure that they would have tested it both in the car and around the shop place and have written a lengthy review about the app and all it's features and potential upgradable options, which you have seemed to overlooked as well.

You got mad at the idea that someone could assume that they could use the app to figure out what they were hitting, when the phone and app combination is not like a true tl meter. That's understandable, but no where was I giving false information about the request.

What the hell is a termlab termlab meter???? :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

the termlab uses a sensor. not a mic.

Doesn't matter, all we have to do is calibrate the "app" and were good. Free termlabs for everyone, Thanks JL Audio :drinks:

x2 LOL!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived