Sonic Electronix

JL Audio / Studio Six Digital Iphone App vs. Termlab meter

Has any of you guys tested out the JL Audio / Studio Six Digital app to test your sound system with your smart phones?

JL Audio app Itunes Link

It has an SPL meter, real time analyzer, speaker polarity test and calculators to somewhat help with audio testing. Also, you can adjust mic sensitivity. It's a free app. I'm curious to see how it could compare to a traditional spl meter, if used and in the same spot, as well as to find out what the Mic Calibration on the JL Audio app should be for it to be somewhat close to what one makes on the meter.

mzl.eukpysdp.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.frdizqqv.320x480-75.jpg

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Nope...mic isn't going to read above 110-120 and will not even capture the bass because the frequency is below its response range.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

That looks like fail, no phone has a good mic for that, i also saw an application for ipads, sucks ass too lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Did you even test it on your system? Like I said before, you have to calibrate the app's mic sensitivity. If you know what you average on the dash, then you go into the app's Application Setup and change the Mic Calibration to over 70.0 or however much, so that it reads about the same number as the termlab from the same dash location.

I set the mic calibration to 70.0 and snapped my finger in front of the speaker on the iphone and registered a 148. The mic calibration adds db's to the reading. Normally if it was at 0 my room noise would be 33 db or so, if calibrate to 100, it would show 133 db. The frequency response is between 20hz-20khz.

When calibrated this does not replace the termlab, because it's what's used in competition. Since it is free, it gives competitors with access to an iphone, a general idea of where his or her system could be hitting at, if they don't have access or time to get to a termlab to test it.

If you want to learn about the company and other equipment they've developed: http://www.studiosixdigital.com

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

The termlab is a pressure sensor. The iphone is a microphone for transmitting voice over phone calls. its not evenclose to the same thing. maybe its close to the termpro meter prior to the termlab.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Did you even test it on your system? Like I said before, you have to calibrate the app's mic sensitivity. If you know what you average on the dash, then you go into the app's Application Setup and change the Mic Calibration to over 70.0 or however much, so that it reads about the same number as the termlab from the same dash location.

I set the mic calibration to 70.0 and snapped my finger in front of the speaker on the iphone and registered a 148. The mic calibration adds db's to the reading. Normally if it was at 0 my room noise would be 33 db or so, if calibrate to 100, it would show 133 db. The frequency response is between 20hz-20khz.

When calibrated this does not replace the termlab, because it's what's used in competition. Since it is free, it gives competitors with access to an iphone, a general idea of where his or her system could be hitting at, if they don't have access or time to get to a termlab to test it.

If you want to learn about the company and other equipment they've developed: http://www.studiosixdigital.com

No it will not. It will only waste the competitor time due to the fact that this app does not monitor PRESSURE as the termlab does. Please do not listen to this information as it is completely wrong and incorrect. If you want to know where your at db wise, do yourself a favor and get to the show earlier and try to get some meter time from the judge. Most judges will let you get a practice run if you get there earlier enough. I'm so sick and tired of mis-information going on around here it's driving me up the damn wall. If you don't understand what reading pressure is then I suggest you take some time and do a little research. Thanks for playing.

:madsign:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Archived