Sonic Electronix

One, I wasnt the one bringing up the hifonics crap. I pointed out that with shipping, it was the same price as the nameless 8. Two, I wouldn't waste my money on a pioneer sub. I've owned a few in the past, never been a fan. Three, yes, I have a build that I'm throwing cash at right now. I'd rather put the money toward some real equipment at the moment.

what the hell are you even trying to argue?

are you saying that you'd rather the two crappy no name 8inch subs over the single 12inch pioneer?

no one is telling you to buy anything!

there's nothing "unreal" about the pioneer subs, they're fantastic for the price.

One, I wasnt the one bringing up the hifonics crap. I pointed out that with shipping, it was the same price as the nameless 8. Two, I wouldn't waste my money on a pioneer sub. I've owned a few in the past, never been a fan. Three, yes, I have a build that I'm throwing cash at right now. I'd rather put the money toward some real equipment at the moment.

If you didn't like the pioneers, it could have been personal preference...although I am going to lean with a shoddy installation. In which case, any sub in a shitty install is not going to be good. Now YOU have fun with that.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Op, go with hifonics HFis. you can get 2 for $50 shipped at vminnovations.com, i did a budget setup in my sisters boyfriends taco and the shit hits for how much he spent. the box design is what matters with these, if you're just gonna slap em in a prefab, dont waste your time, and save your money for something decent. heres a vid, with a shitty camera, the camera wasnt good at picking up movement, the mirror and stuff was moving about 2x as much as the video shows.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

I did 147.1 with 4 pioneer 10´s and 2000 watts on a daily box peaking at 46 hz i´m not even a good builder, that thing is stupid loud, and subs are more than 2 years old now , Pioneer 258´s by the way, yes those are the 350 watts subs, they can take a lot of abuse and get loud with small power if you know how to build the box, they might not the be greatest, but they are surely very nice for that price, just saying...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

they can take a lot of abuse

exactly my point, I've got quite a few Pioneer subs, and no way do they compare to those crappy 8's the original post is talking about.

I burp my 307c subs (12inch, few years old now) off 1300watts each, lets see those cheapo 8's take 650watts each..

148.2dB from two pioneer 12's, in a van? :pardon:

Not bad man, gotta love loud cars using cheap equipment, i´m considering building my explorer with 4 of those cheap subs looking for a 150, we´ll see :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Not bad man, gotta love loud cars using cheap equipment, i´m considering building my explorer with 4 of those cheap subs looking for a 150, we´ll see :)

problem with the van was ONE D34 sized Exide Orbital battery, that was dropping to like 9volts, so you couldn't straight out burp it, you had to scroll up to full volume :pardon:

there were 3 cars at that competition who all burped 148.2dB, hence the "are you joking" comment.

one had a single 18, in a tiny hatchback, taking up the whole area behind the front seats, running five batteries, and about 3000watts.

the second had four 18's in a sealed box, behind the rear seat of a wagon, with half a dozen batteries also, running about 3000watts.

they can take a lot of abuse

exactly my point, I've got quite a few Pioneer subs, and no way do they compare to those crappy 8's the original post is talking about.

I burp my 307c subs (12inch, few years old now) off 1300watts each, lets see those cheapo 8's take 650watts each..

148.2dB from two pioneer 12's, in a van? :pardon:

They are only rated at 175 watts instantaneous peak though......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived