Just got my first AGM

My dad came home and suprised me with a new deka intimidator 9a31 AGM battery. Im sufficiently jacked up to say the least. However i have no experience with AGM's and i wanna make dis bitch last long time, and to have it reach its peak output. Whats the first thing you should do when you get an agm?

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

bash it with a sledgehammer, resting voltage goes up A LOT

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Do you have an AGM Battery charger?

Step 1, charge it with a agm charger, then install it, preferably with only agm batteries. :drink40: Enjoy!

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

i have a battery charger that does "maintenance free/Deep cycle" and "low maintenance". it does 2 amp, and 15 amp battery charges, however its not one of those smart charges where it turns off when the battery is fully charged.

by me not knowing what do with it first, straight from the store, i mean do i charge it or run it down then charge it

Edited by nickers

I'm assuming the battery charger isn't made for AGM. I've heard it's not a great idea to charge with a non AGM charger.

You can just stick it in the vehicle and let the alternator charge it if you have NO access to a AGM charger. That's what I did :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Check the voltage if its below 12.6 charge it. If not throw it in you ride and go. Get a AGM charger though. Specially if you want to take good care of it. Should probably start thinking about getting a AGM for your starter batt too. :drinks:

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

fyi umm i agree AGM over a regular charger, but I would at least charge it some... the difference being a reg charger is bulk charge only. but i know from experience putting a dead or close to dead bat in ur car takes a toll on the alt. in my cars ive owned its noticeable, how the car starts, alt whine, voltage levels etc.. and every shop ive ever been to for any electrical issue always asks about the extra bats and whether or not i charged em first..

just make sure the resting voltage is around 12.5 and you should be ok to pop it in imo

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Check the voltage if its below 12.6 charge it. If not throw it in you ride and go. Get a AGM charger though. Specially if you want to take good care of it. Should probably start thinking about getting a AGM for your starter batt too. :drinks:

dang u :ph34r: 'd me :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

well agm's are maintenance free. also i looked up the model its a motomaster and it says it can be used on agm's