Sonic Electronix

So since I got my BC2000D, I have ran it with 1 AQ HDC3 copper 15" sub. I have a 4.77 ft^ gross volume box for 2 15's and was thinking about putting my other HDC3 in it with the one I already use in order to see if I gain some DB's. If I did this, I would run my BC2000D at 4ohms or at .5ohm. My amp gets around 13.7 volts, but I dont think I have the proper power supply to run it at .5ohms. In the case that I do, would I gain some SPL by running 2 HDC3 15's at .5 ohm in a 4.77 cubic foot sealed box, or to keep my regular setup which is 1 HDC3 15" in a slot ported box tuned in the mid/low 30s at 1ohm? I will hopefully be doing my big 3 this weekend/this week. So what I want to know is which one you guys think would give me the most SPL performance? Below is a pic of my sealed box with my RE's

HOFQl.jpg

Here is my current box

rRJbo.jpg

I also have another question, I have a 150Amp fuse under the hood, i have been told to add another 12" or closer to the amp, is this true? If so, how much does it need to be, another 150amp fuse?

Edited by trjohnst

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

zomg.... don't add more subwoofers... set gains and crossovers properly and you'll be fine... also I'd make it 200-300a fuses on both ends... safety first!!! :peepwall:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Have you replaced your wiring with 0gauge yet? Not just Big 3 but power and ground as well.

Also, did you ever redo your Ported box and glue it together instead of just the screws?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

:nea: Those things probably won't like that small of a sealed box, or ported...You're better off just running one in that airspace with the proper dimensions & tuning...You can try it, but can't guarantee the results...

POTATO!

:nea: Those things probably won't like that small of a sealed box, or ported...You're better off just running one in that airspace with the proper dimensions & tuning...You can try it, but can't guarantee the results...

why wouldnt they like ported

why wouldnt they like ported

4.77 cubes ported? Unless you're giving them 40jiggawatts they're not gonna like that small of an airspace, gross or net.

POTATO!

Its 4.77 sealed, not ported. And yes Superchaged, I just got my Knu wire and will be using it. Yes, I also understand I should do my big 3 with 1/0 gauge instead of 4 gauge because I would get the most out of it with larger wire. No I did not go back and glue my box, I left it the way it is and it works perfect. I hope this is clear

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)