Sundown Audio

NS-1 and SAE-500D Prototype Pictures

sae-500d should be around $250?

I am anticipated the SAE-500D to actually go for around $200 from an authorized dealer.

A SAE that can handle .5 ohm or will it become a SAZ?

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I am anticipated the SAE-500D to actually go for around $200 from an authorized dealer.

An SAE that can handle .5 ohm or will it become a SAZ.

a saz can be run at 0.5

An SAE that can handle .5 ohm or will it become a SAZ.

a saz can be run at 0.5

Diz the point of the question or your asking if a SAZ will run .5 ohm and yes as long as you forfeit your warranty. (I know you know this.)

I guess I need to edit for a question mark in my post LOL.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I was not able to get the SAE-500D to hit protection at 0.5 nominal but the lowest rise I saw was up to 1.5 on that Monster v.1 woofer (high inductance)... I would be reluctant to recommend it for 0.5 ohm but most likely if it was a higher DCR load (eg: Not 0.35) it would run fine for quite some time.

As for the NS-1 I am expecting ~7k on a 12v system and ~9-10k on an 18v system. I will, of course, need to do testing and it will receive official ratings that are conservative as usual from Sundown.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

All I can say is WoW Jacob. Really just WoW!

Terryswork001.png

I was not able to get the SAE-500D to hit protection at 0.5 nominal but the lowest rise I saw was up to 1.5 on that Monster v.1 woofer (high inductance)... I would be reluctant to recommend it for 0.5 ohm but most likely if it was a higher DCR load (eg: Not 0.35) it would run fine for quite some time.

As for the NS-1 I am expecting ~7k on a 12v system and ~9-10k on an 18v system. I will, of course, need to do testing and it will receive official ratings that are conservative as usual from Sundown.

Sounds like a damn good amplifier man. Keep us updated

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I'll likely be doing testing next week on the NS-1. The 4500D was 1625 MAP and the NS-1 will be about 1900 MAP from an authorized dealer.

I expect that we'll likely see most of these in Team Sundown / Team Sundown Russia vehicles -- with the way our Russian friends are going they might have more of them than we will in the USA :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

i want 3. now question is am i patient enough lol.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Some initial NS-1 testing in Brandon's truck -- we haven't gone in depth yet to see if we can squeeze more out of it; just a quick initial test before we head home today. Best clamp was 6090 watts @ 1.3 ohm actual @ 12.1 volts actual using my Extech True RMS power clamp meter about 6-8 seconds into the tone to avoid picking up initial spikes. I think we have more left in it - more testing to come as we get it dialed in a bit!

380976 - Single Phase/Three Phase 1000A AC Power Clamp Meter : This is the clamp I use here for product testing. You will find it reads much lower than using two normal clamp meters separately for voltage and current as this meter was made to measure power. So not directly comparable to any other testing but my own with the same clamp.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg