'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Ok well, I woke up at 2pm, with no garage to use so I am not putting my car on jacks in the alley to have it slip and get crushed by my car. I will be pulling the alt out teusday when I am off work, there is a local shop that will rebuild from my case a new alt putting out the stock 60A. They refered me to another place based out of chicago, that at first told me they can't build a higher amperage alt out of my case, because to many times in the past, people didn't like that they didn't get that extra power at idle. Which I told him I know about alternators and that you need to reach a certain RPM to get that extra amperage and I know that. He told me then since I know that, that it is no problem, would be $120 to rebuild off my case (if he can from mine) to get a 100A alt. I will more than likely go for the 100A rebuild so I don't really ever have to worry about any type of voltage drop anymore, because I was getting it somewhat bad now when hitting notes from 35-40hz, the lower you go the more pull, so it will only help in the end seeing as how I want to reach into the low 20's :P Updates will all be coming in as soon as I get each thing going. Since this happened the box is postponed a tad, I will get pics up of my new rear speakers since I said I would take them when I get to working with them, but thats postponed. Will get back soon with those pics.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Wow!!! So glad I bought my Pioneer DEH-80PRS when I did. It is now $340 before shipping, got mine for $275!!!

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of news since my last update!!!

MY belt had snapped the FUCK off! lol was wrapped around my steering pump. Got a new one on and all good! Just really tight at the moment and need to loosen it up, should happens staurday.

The 40sqft of damplifier showed up at my dads house! Woot Woot. Will hopefully do the hatch and doors staurday also.

This is something I wish I would have shared earlier. I had recieved a call from sonic electronix one day at work saying that since the Pioneer DEH-80PRS was on back order and it was the new year, they do not know if they are getting anymore for the new year. I told them I needed to think about what I was going to do and would talk to them later. I decided on asking for a refund and going to audiosavings.com and purchasing a Kenwood X996 for 240. Today I get a text from my mom saying a box showed up at her work from sonic, called her and she said it was a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Sweet!!! They got it stocked! So this weekend I will start the deadening, new stereo install, amp retuning, and hopefully start on the box for once. Things are finally starting to all come together. The only part I see taking a long time is deadening the floor, will have to rip EVERYHTING out. But I am excited and can't wait to start everything.

Along with all that, I start classes on wed, have classes on that day and thursday, and moving down to monday/teusday and friday. Very excited, can't wait.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Just went throw my build and amazed at all the times I said I was getting wood to build a new box lol. I installed the 80PRS and LOVE IT!!! best damn HU ever. Also today i pruchased two amps, one is a AQ-750 which will be wired to 2 ohms on the IVX-25. Purchsed used from a member on here. Then I bought a RF Prime 300-4 5x4 @ 4 ohms. I am to in the future to buy a new sheet of wood and hopefully be done with box building for a while.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Sweet man, can't wait to see the results

I have everything I need to finish this build besides the new amps. Need to get some deadening done soon, probably will take the ongest out of everything left I have to do.

To do list:

Build new sub box

Use up 40sq ft of deadener on the car

Build new amp rack

Install Rear speakers

Instal new amps when I get them

Done!!!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Got the R300-4 in the mail today, the AQ750 should be here on Monday. SHould have everything done and installed in a few weeks. ALso if the temperature is good enough this weekend, might attempt some deadener.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Getting closer. I'm looking forward to hearing the new setup.

Same here man, will hop on your build log once I get back, check it out a few weeks ago but must update myself on the new progress. I am going to guess its louder heh?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm