'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Got some video taken today, the camera wasn't the same as the last videos, so bare with it :/ I got in my car today and went to start playing, and the amp wouldn't turn on, so I was like wtf. took me forever, but it turned out the power wire to fuse holder for the pos on the battery, had fallen out and it only moved a inch away so at a glance I didn't realize it. I took a pic though once I had figured it out,

IMG_0001.jpg

Once the video is done uploading, I will post it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The video is up!

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

A while back I had noticed that air leaks through the holes in the basket for screws. So today I went and ductaped it up, and I must say, I barely had any leakage but any leakage makes a big difference in output.

Photo03081241.jpg

Photo03081241_1.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Today I went and cleaned up my wiring. Along with all that I took out my ground and soldered the wire to the clamp ring. Since I have one sub that is inverted and one that isn't when I take off the wires I have to test to get the polarity right. So this time I took some extra wire and soldered it so I have black/red at the end of each set of wires for the subs. Here are the pictures.

Here is where I put the red/black at the ends

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

New video

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i dig the box man for sure.. turned out nice..

looks like you got a pretty clean honda too.. rust wise n such..

i got a customer coming thru tomorrow same car as yours but he wants me to build a box for his 2 audiopipe txx be 10s and a audiopipe 1000d. might get loud

Thanks, I had a few hick-ups, but it did do well, all sealed up and no leakage. Only rust I have is a small spot on the back of the hatch and a bit by one of the rear wheel wheels on the outside. That should get pretty loud, mine is pretty loud for what it is, so that should definitley hit hard.

Build wise

I have been putting together a parts list for a looong time, and I am pretty close to finished. Here what i am looking at so far

HU:Need a new one and un-decided, anyone got some suggestion? Just looking for something normal with aux/usb port, not worried about a cd player.

Subs:Stuck between 2 SA-12's and I build a custom box with a center port that is pretty much a T I guess, tuned to 32Hz. On the other hand I have the Skar vvx-12(2) + Custom box for $360, which is about 30-40 cheaper than 2 SA-12's. Dual 4 ohm option

FrontSpkr:Rockford Fosgate T1652-2 comp, using factory 6.5 mount and contemplating a custom glassed mount for on top of the dash.

RearSpkr:Rockford Fosgate T1693 on a Custom mount that will be branched off of the Sub box

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP running at 1 ohm to the subs

High/Low Amp: Rockford Fosgate T600-4 for the rest of the speakers.

Electrical

HO Alternator: looking at mehcman 225A but damn pricey, looking for something lower than that.

Batts: I am looking for a battery to replace the front stock battery. Then I am looking for 2 smaller battery that are either the length of a normal battery, just half the width, or little smaller sized ones to fit in the back, on either side of the sub box.

Wire: All Knu Koncepts KCA 1/0 Awg wire, big 3 and 2 runs to the back, one pos one neg, and between the 2nd and 3rd battery, from the 3rd battery will go to a distribution block, then to the amps.

Will be getting their speaker wire to, and some 12awg for sub speaker wire. If I can get more money, I will do in all OFC wire

RCA: Dependant on if I get an EQ, or a PAC LC1, will determine if I get 4way or 6way RCAs. If I get nothing, I will get a 6 way so its easy to run to the back, all channels. If I get a PAC LC1, I will get a 4way and 2way, 4way for front/rear then the other to PAC LC1, then from their to the sub amp.

Deadener: Looking at alpha damp if I can get the money, if not I will be getting that Damplifer Pro.

I want to try and move the back part of the back seat up a inch or two, so I can gain some more depth for my max dimensions. Along with all that, I want to incorperate some fan work like steve did under his box where all his amps where. I want to create an airflow in the back where the amps are, so they don't sit in stale hot air.

Come on everyone, I don't get to much feedback from anyone. I would love to hear everyones opinions on their own experiences and personal choices. As far as videos I need to get a hold of a better camera before I can really show anything that is good.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Got a new video with a new camera, See a lot more shirt movement. Still moves more than it shows but oh well.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Space issues, I could only cut a certain length for each piece of wood within the sheet. If I cut another longer I would need a 2nd sheet, so I just did it like this. No difference other than looks, and you switch the + and - on one sub.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm