Sonic Electronix

A lot of good points being made here...also, almost goes without saying but, don't pay for anything then expect reimbursement. get the money first, then buy what you need. Always money up front.

good point, i was thinkg like $75 up front, for materials and kinda like a deposit saying you not gonna flake out

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Ive been doing this for years, has helped me build a good customer reputation, and have made some good money at that!

Last summer alone I made 3 times my normal hourly wage, working at night and weekends!

Just make sure the individuals either sign something stating they are knowingly bringing their vehicle to an unlicensed unbonded individual, and you are not liable for any damage to vehicles or equipment after the job has been finished! Kind of like a contract!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Do a non refundable deposit for materials ( whatever materials is gonna cost you ) which will usually be about $75. Then collect the other half when completed.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Do a non refundable deposit for materials ( whatever materials is gonna cost you ) which will usually be about $75. Then collect the other half when completed.

This is a must do! Never put up your own money for material no matter how honest someone says they are! Those people can just backout, and now you have material or a finished product taking up space, in which you need to try and sell!

All side work must have material list paid before starting the project!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Yepp. I've been building them on the side for a couple of years now. Make sure you get material money up front so you aren't stuck with it... and make sure you know what you're doing. Atleast 1/2 of my work has been making new boxes for people who had someone else build them one.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I now put tape over all the settings on an amp and even little pieces of tape on the knob where a screwdriver goes in. Then if any of that's missing their warranty is void :shrug:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I make my friends do there own installs, i just watch and tell them what to do. I refuse to do anything anymore due to the "over the shoulder" guys that dont talk and seem like you should be working faster then you are. Plus if you do screw up its the worst feeling in the world, plus you have to replace what you broke.

There was once a guy on craigslist i once came across, he built a custom box in the back of a truck. He worked wonders with wood, looked amazing, even had custom seats built in. He got paid for materials and at the last minute the guy said he didnt want it anymore and he was stuck with a huge piece of work. Still hasnt sold the thing because it was too custom. Id just say get the money up front and make contracts, that would be the best bet.

I like bums idea too :)

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

rofl.. i know exactly what you mean about kids cutting holes for ports.. bought a box off a kid the other day, was covered in bed-liner, so didn't question it.. took the sub out, and bam! had peices of mdf, partical-board and what looked like part of a dresser drawer lmao.. the port was a little 1" peice of plastic tubing.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.