Remote start is it easy install?

Well i want to put a remote starter into my family members car for their birthday in august but... i dont really know how.. I wanted to know if it was something i could learn or it could be something that it could take years of experience..

Im not looking for an alarm. Just the remote starter. I was wondering how much a remote starter usually is? a half way decent one atleast.

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Well i want to put a remote starter into my family members car for their birthday in august but... i dont really know how.. I wanted to know if it was something i could learn or it could be something that it could take years of experience..

Im not looking for an alarm. Just the remote starter. I was wondering how much a remote starter usually is? a half way decent one atleast.

they aren't too bad. Depends on the vehicle, though. Many new cars have immobilizers, and that makes it that much more fun. What vehicle is it? We charge @$200 installed at our shop. Average price around our town is about the same.. Another $90 for the immobiliser bypass, if needed. Lifetime warranty. As far as learning to do them, that depends on you and who is teaching you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Agreed^^^^.

It really all depends on the vehicle and the specific parts it may need to integrate into your car like immobilizer bypass modules and such. Also, it will depend on whether your car has a chipped key.

2010 Altima Coupe

Kenwood DNX9990HD

JL C5 components

Rockford T1692's

JL HD600/4

JL HD 750/1

JL 12W7AE 2.5 cubes @ 33hz

How much does that usually cost???

BTW 07 Dodge charger

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

How much does that usually cost???

BTW 07 Dodge charger

do you have the one with the metal key blade or the tip start-without a key blade? Either way, we charge 200 for just remote start installed. Another 90.00 for the bypass. Some dodges 290.oo plus tax, total. Others need a harness that connects the bypass module to the ignition switch plug. Thats another 30.00 at our shop. So about 320.00 plus tax, worst case.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

if you purchased a DBALL module and a DEI sytem install would be fairly easy for you. only problem is flashing it :(

Edited by EVAlonSo

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever installed a security system?

are you comfortable testing the wires in your ignition harness?

can you solder?

Don't use t-taps in a remote starter they will only lead to issues. You want to have nicely tapped soldered connections.

Are you only installing a remote starter or does it have keyless entry? are you installing the keyless?

Also as people have stated does your vehicle have a transponder immobilizer? Up here in Canada I can say 100% that your vehicle would. Most new bypasses require being programmed over the internet which requires a usb cable from the manufacturer.

If you don't have any experience I would suggest getting it installed properly hooking up the wrong wire could burn out a computer really fast and immobilize a vehicle.

so here is how it goes on the remote starters(have it one on my can am)(got robbed cause of this):::

1.)you start the car with your remote

2.)car starts

3:)an asshole hops in

4:( bye bye vehicle...

.....dont you do remote sstarts except if you wanna to do that...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Most remote starters have brake shutdown switches that prevents this. also Remote starting a vehicle does not disable wheel lock

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887