Sonic Electronix

so ive had my amp for a while now and ive been getting this weird problem with it, so what happens is when the amp turns on the green light on the amp dims and will slowley go out then turn off but the weird part is that its getting 14.4v then when the amp turns on it drops to 8 volts, and whats weird is that sometimes the amp does work and it gets the 14.4v but then all of a sudden it gets 8 volts the ground is prefectley fine. has this happened to anyone else its an audioque 2200

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

so ive had my amp for a while now and ive been getting this weird problem with it, so what happens is when the amp turns on the green light on the amp dims and will slowley go out then turn off but the weird part is that its getting 14.4v then when the amp turns on it drops to 8 volts, and whats weird is that sometimes the amp does work and it gets the 14.4v but then all of a sudden it gets 8 volts the ground is prefectley fine. has this happened to anyone else its an audioque 2200

very strange, if your getting voltage drops that means your electrical must be bad.. alternator / wiring or something..

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

very strange, if your getting voltage drops that means your electrical must be bad.. alternator / wiring or something..

the thing is though i have all 0 guauge and a high output alt

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

High output alt 150 amps

something is probably loose in the amp causing it to randomly pull voltage like that, kinda like a short in it.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

I would think it would be some regulator in the amp, or the voltage regulator in your alt. But if everything else is working with your car, such as the head lights, battery light on the dash, etc, then it shouldnt be your voltage regulator. Check your 0 gauge wire all the way to the battery, and make sure it has no tears in it where it is touching metal or the chassis. If this is happening, it could be cutting the voltage. Another idea is your fuse, try changing it out and seeing if that helps. The fuse could see all the power and not be able to handle it due to a defective fuse, then it could give up and drop voltage, causing the amp to shut off.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I would think it would be some regulator in the amp, or the voltage regulator in your alt. But if everything else is working with your car, such as the head lights, battery light on the dash, etc, then it shouldnt be your voltage regulator. Check your 0 gauge wire all the way to the battery, and make sure it has no tears in it where it is touching metal or the chassis. If this is happening, it could be cutting the voltage. Another idea is your fuse, try changing it out and seeing if that helps. The fuse could see all the power and not be able to handle it due to a defective fuse, then it could give up and drop voltage, causing the amp to shut off.

i allredy checked my run of 0 gauge and there are no tears i think im just going to contact audioque and ask to send it in for repair

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

High output alt 150 amps

where are you measuring voltage? amp + and - or are you measuring the remote voltage? does voltage still drop randomly with the amp unhooked?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

where are you measuring voltage? amp + and - or are you measuring the remote voltage? does voltage still drop randomly with the amp unhooked?

im getting the readings from the amp and the remote and no i dont get the voltage drop at the amp when the amp is unhooked when the amp is off i get a perfect 14v

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

High output alt 150 amps

Sounds like a short some where in the power supply?

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980