dwright27 Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 Those amps come alive around .185 ohms .... BIG POWER 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
tonedeaf Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 Those amps come alive around .185 ohms .... BIG POWER I couldnt imagine the amps they would pull at that.
dwright27 Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 Ive ran a pair at .25 daily, On 3 batteries. Either way they are powerhouses and damn near bullet proof 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
tonedeaf Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 If they were 18v stable, id consider the M4As. Maybe some modded ones?
UnderLoK Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 Looks great man! Seriously bad ass and you work quick Couple things if you don't mind... You want 1 frame ground per alt (so 1 per alt to frame and then 2 frame to battery). I only see 1 ground in your pics on that battery, there should be at least 2 (assuming the alts are grounding to the frame). What most people don't understand is that most of the OEM alts you see use the same parts (for GM anyways). The main difference comes into play in regards to how they are put together which is actually a pretty big deal. Like everything there are cheaper parts that they can use, but your alts are 250's so it is less of an issue than say a 300 or the like as there is less heat. For example, Iraggi sucked balls (I had 3 fail in 4 months and he stole my dual alt bracket) because he would sand blast the cases with the fucking bearings in them so that is why so many people had bearing and rotor issues. I guess he didn't have the tools to press in the bearings or just got lazy towards the end. There is also a situation in regards to those same bearings and how they are pressed where you get some wobble which over time can wallow out and cause a failure. He also used some POFS staters, pulleys that were too small, and the list goes on. For $190 an alt it's well worth the test IMO (just double check that pulley is small enough). Even if they blow up and you want to try another manu, be it Mechman, Ohio, DC, etc. you can just have those rebuilt. If I had to guess I would say $225+ to rebuild (through say Ohio) so that's $415 an alt total or get the parts and do it yourself if your feeling strong. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
shadstrong Posted August 13, 2011 Author Report Posted August 13, 2011 How does it sound? It sounds good. Got my gains set this evening, so I felt a little better about cranking it up. I got a little bit of a hair trick with it tonight, even with two breakers tripped which left me running on 2 amps and 2 subs. I need to check my ring terminals, I think I need to recrimp and solder a couple to fix the tripping. Even with only 2 subs running it still blurs your vision and makes it feel impossible to swallow while it's hitting.
Supercharged DCs Posted August 13, 2011 Report Posted August 13, 2011 Good to hear man, videos? Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
rasic Posted August 13, 2011 Report Posted August 13, 2011 I love thr aero ports, lookin good! system: changes way to much...
shadstrong Posted August 23, 2011 Author Report Posted August 23, 2011 Once I get a couple more batteries in I'll work on some videos. Right now I can only take the volume up to about 85% before I start tripping breakers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.