I don't understand how that alt will prematurely fail if it is on all the time.

Is it in the design of that particular alt? is it different in some way? I've seen alts get dipped in the mud and still work they are very durable pieces of equipment until you start trying to get 400A out of one unit.

do you know anything about your particular alt?

-Drew

And to elaborate more on this, I was in class earlier and my phone had a case of the gay.

It's not the design of the alt, it's the design of Honda. They designed everything to run in their own certain way, for the longevity of the engine and components, and to get the best gas mileage ever. I'm not saying, with %100 certainty that running this 24/7 will prematurely kill the alt, I'm just saying there's a chance that it will shorten the lifespan. So instead of getting, let's say, 12 years out of the an alt, you'd only get 10 years. It's really no big deal. The alt is a wear and tear item, so it will go out eventually.

It will go out faster if you....... Have this bypass installed, think that it will magically fix all voltage drop, hook up 6 batteries in the trunk, expect them to charge off of the stock alt and front battery, and beat the piss out of the system with relentless bass. And if you do that, you might have a case of the downs.

The stock alt is only a 70amp, so don't try to pull unicorns, lollipops, and rainbows out of it.

Thanks man! I need a job so I can do shit to it!

Get hustlin'!! Start mowing some lawns or doing something to get you some income!!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I applied at an auto detailing job since I love to clean cars and trucks. Said I should hear back from them within a month. Crossin my fingers. I do mowe some lawns that I can. Problem is when I do get cash it goes to gas :( but trust me when I do get money you won't be disappointed.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I hear ya on the gas thing. It's an epidemic hitting EVERYWHERE! And if you're waiting for them to call you.... Stop waiting. Call them. Keep calling them. Call them till they are annoyed enough to hire you. That's the best way to do it. And if they say "we'll get back to you" or "we'll call you back tomorrow", keep calling them again. It works, trust me lol.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Haha I'll give it a week because they said they wanted to get all the full time positions hired first

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Ahh I gotcha. After a week, start blowing up their phones lol. Good luck with it bro :good:

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a slacker on my doors, still haven't done shit lol.

But here's a quick vid showing the voltage go back up after the ELD kicks in and drops it down to 13.2, then I flip the switch and it goes back up to the 14's :)

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Thanks for checking it out Scooter!

Still waiting for you to start cutting into the truck!!! I'm stoked to see your wicked thoughts and Ideas shoved into that build!

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

"Its like magic" lol looking good man. Ready to see what you got planned for these doors!

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Archived