06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Time to separate. As you can see the plastic on the table proved to be a little bit of a problem. While I was dabbing the resin on, and moving things around, the plastic wrinkled underneath it, and created these ripples. May not be a problem but we'll see.

DSC05138.jpg

Houston, we have separation!

DSC05139.jpg

And this is what we're left with. The edges need some work, much like the last pan I made. I'll deal with that later.

DSC05140.jpg

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05142.jpg

That's about as far as I got with the tablet. I'll have to make some more time to work on it tomorrow.

Now then, between doing that, and the next project I had decided I'd had enough of my damn work bench being so mess. Can't find anything, waste a lot of time looking, so it was time to get organized!

After that I started on the next project. I was planning on doing this project and the tablet project at the same time, but it just didn't work out that way. Oh well!

So this is the start of the a-pillars. The Mid Range and Tweeters will go up here. I didn't want to just make a couple of plates, or rings, and just glue them on, and I had been thinking about this for a while, but I wanted to do something a little bold, and a little classy, and within uniform as well. I don't quite think it's gonna work out that way. But we'll have to wait and see what happens when I get to that point.

Here we go!

Let's take a gander at the equipment. Hertz Mille ML700 3" mid range. Hertz Mille ML 280s Signature Series tweeters.

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05144.jpg

Damn it these are gorgeous!

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05146.jpg

DSC05147.jpg

DSC05148.jpg

So I started drawing out and measuring for the panel these are going to go on. Somewhat of an eight looking panel. Like I said I wanted it a little bit different.

DSC05150.jpg

Then it was time for my little trim router.

DSC05151.jpg

DSC05152.jpg

DSC05153.jpg

DSC05154.jpg

VIOLA! Little snow men! Party!

DSC05155.jpg

Then it was time to start placing them. This was so extremely time consuming cause nothing seemed to look right. I bet I played with this for 2 hours.

DSC05156.jpg

Had to remove some material.

DSC05157.jpg

DSC05158.jpg

Time to turn these snowmen into some swiss cheese!

DSC05159.jpg

Marked where the screw holes were at. This is material that needs to stay in here so the screws can go in, obviously. But the rest of it will be trimmed out and angled so that they can breath a bit better.

DSC05160.jpg

DSC05161.jpg

Then trimmed the back sides.

DSC05162.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

Next I hot glued the panels in place! Mmmmm!

DSC05165.jpg

DSC05166.jpg

Test fitted!

DSC05167.jpg

They're not too bad, but I want them angled a little higher. I've got it out again, and had to take out some more material in the back of the a pillar, and now I can glue em back in with a higher angle.

DSC05171.jpg

From the driver perspective.

DSC05172.jpg

So that's about it today. I have to glue this pod back on tomorrow, and do the passenger side tomorrow. Then it's glass time!

Thanks for tuning in! More tomorrow!

That is gonna be sic! :clapping:

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Your making me wanna start my dash and door panels!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I forgot to talk about the dilemma. So my design thought in adding the extra room around the mid range and tweeter was to add another layer on top of it. What I wanted to do was end up with a little strip around each driver and have that be orange carbon fiber vinyl. Hertz is black and orange, is why I wanted orange. It's bold, but it's not much and would end up a classy look I think. Not over bold. Now, I don't see how I'm going to be able to do that. So I'm a little stumped on this one. The whole pillar is planned to be wrapped in black suede. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Maybe i won't be able to do the orange cfv. Not sure!

That is gonna be sic! :clapping:Can't wait to see how this turns out!Your making me wanna start my dash and door panels!

Thank you. I hope I can get them close to finished tomorrow. Don't have finishing material, i.e. suede or cfv, if I can even do that still. But I'm hoping they'll be close by the end of day tomorrow.

looks sweet man! How did u make that circle jig??

It's just a piece of wood. I used the guard from the router, traced the screw holds, and used a counter sink bit to get the screws to sit all the way down in the wood, and drew a center line dead center of the bit hole. Now when I need to do a circle, I just measure the full width of it, divide by two, then that's what I need to drill a hole in the wood for. I just have to remember to measure on the inside or outside of the bit, whichever I'm working with.

I'm actually going to break down, I think, and get a real circle jig. I'm tired of drilling holes and doing the math etc. Worth the money I think.

Archived