DC Sound Lab

Need some clarifcation and help

I had RAM say 2.0, lol guess thats an even battle. I just figured out some new dimension, but if I go with these I have no idea how I am going to have rear mids/highs because I have 6x9's in prefab boxes, stuck behind the wheel well, next to the sub box, but I have an extra 1-2 inch I can move over if I remove them. So if I do that when I get new mids/highs going to have to get some coaxial components an figure a way to mount them back there.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I think he was refering to it as the fact I was putting 2 lvl 2's on a T500, which is over rms, meaning you want smaller box or somen. Well I have some even newer dimensions. 22.75 H x 34.5 W x 16.5 D, total of 6.09 Cuft gross volume. About the subsonic, I thought it always was 5 Hz below tuning, I asked before and also heard 3 Hz. I love 32Hz tune, so I think I should be fine at that anyways, if so I can tune half a Hz lower to be on the safe side.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I think he was refering to it as the fact I was putting 2 lvl 2's on a T500, which is over rms, meaning you want smaller box or somen. Well I have some even newer dimensions. 22.75 H x 34.5 W x 16.5 D, total of 6.09 Cuft gross volume. About the subsonic, I thought it always was 5 Hz below tuning, I asked before and also heard 3 Hz. I love 32Hz tune, so I think I should be fine at that anyways, if so I can tune half a Hz lower to be on the safe side.

Could be, a T500 isn't that much over RMS though. You will be fine going 5hz below but if you are tuning to 32 then you are low enough anyway, no need to go to 27 unless you just only listen to C/S and nothing else.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

ive got my level 3s in 3 cube total and they get down for what they are

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well I guess it's settled then, I will stick to 3cuft off of DC's suggestion. Right now got a design with 47-63 range with 56 as the number. 14.39 port area, 3.91 Cu, tuned to 32.33Hz, ganna try and work the Cu down. I had a design that seemed to be perfect, but was 3.10 cu, I would like a bit more gross, so I can use the left over cu above 3, to accomadate a 45 cut in the port, and bracing.

Edit: now I think I have a perfect fit. 38-51 Port area range, with 45 as the port area. 14.15 port area per foot, 3.18 cuft gross, and tuned 31.86. So when I add a tad bit bracing, it will move the Tuning up, gross down, and port area per foot up a bit, don't know exactly how much 2 1" poles will add to displacement.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

ya it was, but I got it down to 3.18 cuft. I want to figure out how to figure out displacement of 1" poles. Because I will be using 1" poles for bracing, one going height wise from the baffle to the port, another going depth wise.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i have nearly 8ft of 2*2 bracing in my box and it is .22 of displacement, i doubt you will even notice the difference in yours. but I see you edit now and sounds like it will work, but I am far from the person you need to be asking about this :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69