Sundown Audio

cliping

draper

I can be on volume 17 and everything is normal (playing 40 hz) and then when i turn it up to 18 the clipping indicator blinks and it sounds like a broken up note instead of one constant one. Was wondering if anybody knows what this would be.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

I'm no expert, but... clipping maybe?

I'm thinking people will need to know what % of your max "17" is. Are you at or above 75% of your max volume? What head unit? Brand/model of sub, amplifier used, and how you set your current gain setting may be helpful too.

Edited by pektel

Whats up man, what kind of radio do you have and what are a few details on your setup? (amp, subs, etc.)

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

kenwood max 35. hifonics collosus powering two l7s with the big 3, 270 alt, d3400, and d3100

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

2 15in kicker l7s

viper secured

I'm with LA Bass on this one. It must be your gains. Might try turning them down a tad and see if you can get to a higher volume without clipping. I dont think it has anything to do with your system cause everything sounds like a hard hitting setup

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

My concern is That the amp is clipping before overpowedring the subwoofers. I have it wired at 2 ohms so thats 3200 watts. The subs are rated 1000 a piece.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

2 15in kicker l7s

viper secured

well the subs wont get any louder by turning the gain down and the volume up but the mids/highs will. and unless you have some EQ settings way boosted or the sub level all the way up, its the gain. but it'll always get to a point where it will clip. thats the point of tuning. to know where your limit is and not pass it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

clip lights are never accurate.. unplug the knob and turn it to 18 and see if you still have the issue...

more than likely, your gains are not set right...

you could be clipping before that

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones