how many of you needed a alignment after your stereo was done? i forgot all about realigning my truck and threw my new 22s on. well 600 miles later my front tires are choppy as hell. oh well goes in for alignment tuesday.

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody needs to get a realignment after stereo.

You do need a realignment after throwing different rims on it.(tire balancing too)

:orly:

500+ lbs of stereo equipment might effect your cars weight and tire balance.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

You do need a realignment after throwing different rims on it.(tire balancing too)

it affects your tire balance? lolz, that was the funniest thing i have ever read.

And if it was aligned PROPERLY before the install it is not necessary to realign.(except when you exceed the max weight the car can support, but then it's stupid to drive on the same suspension which is not rated for that much weight.)

EDIT: blackedout, then your alignment wasn't perfect. OR if it's a old car sometimes they mess up the alignment with added weight. Modern cars or atleast good(wellbuilt) cars don't have the need to realign after adding a stereo)

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

it affects your tire balance? lolz, that was the funniest thing i have ever read.

And if it was aligned PROPERLY before the install it is not necessary to realign.(except when you exceed the max weight the car can support, but then it's stupid to drive on the same suspension which is not rated for that much weight.)

EDIT: blackedout, then your alignment wasn't perfect. OR if it's a old car sometimes they mess up the alignment with added weight. Modern cars or atleast good(wellbuilt) cars don't have the need to realign after adding a stereo)

If your talking about a large amount of ADDED weight from a car stereo like some of these cars do have ( like cfizzy said...500lbs) then in my personal and professional opinion, a re-alighnment is needed afterwards. Like they said, the camber is going to be altered and will throw other measurements like the toe out as well. To be honest with you, weve had some customers come in after we performed a alighnment within the factory specs, complaining about a pull to the side in which they are sitting. Its hard to say this to them, but because they are pretty damn big, this will alter the load on the suspension and cause the alighnmnet to go out of spec. You have to remember that when a car is alighned, they are not maxing out the weight of the car. There is actually no weight in the car when the car is alighned, unless its the weight that is fixed to the car ( for example sub box and amps ). Majority of people dont even drive with no were near the max load weight of a car, and is almost always just you and maybe one other adult ( or a couple of kids which equal 1 adult ).

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

• 1 month later...

Yup... I needed to. On independent suspension setups, weight lowers the car creating negative Camber which can create toe, which wears tires more than anything.

I'm not 100% sure but If I had to put money on it I'd guess its the reason I was out of alignment when my car got serviced last. The car looked like it had a lot of camber. My GTO's rear springs are sagging a little with the stereo even though it only weighs probably 100 lbs. I guess if I put lowering springs on I'll just make sure they're a stiffer spring rate.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny