Louisiana Bass Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line. I feel the same way. I'm only 17, but I an already see how it's affected my friends. I want to be successful in life, all my friends caring about is getting wasted. Half of them have dropped out and have no plans of even getting their GEDs. N8. No homo...unless you want there to be.
iKidwell Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut. It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line. I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around. Edit: school is still important and that was always what my dad preached to me...my only rules are/were do your school shit, be safe and no hard drugs(coc, meth, pills, etc.). Weed is less harmful than alcohol and don't get me started on that hah c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
skittlesRgood Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut. It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line. x2 sure you bitch about it now but its for the best. my parents sure as hell didnt let me drink or stay out late at 16. im sure you think you're all big and grown up but you are not. you will see that in a couple years. just like everyone else. your parents are doing a good thing, even if you dont like it, respect and trust that they know best. they have been your age, they know things you dont yet. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
hdorre Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 16 is when my mom realized that she would rather me drink at home than go out and drink with friends and possibly get a dui or arrested This is my dads mentality. 15 Yo daddy iz de cop Yep, a cool cop though On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
SPLWGN Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 My parents don't let me drink, I'm 17 years old. Doesn't mean I don't drink, I just don't tell them about it. It's not illegal if you don't get caught Pretty much in the same boat as this guy
iceman1575 Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 They probably won't let you because you're asking about hanging out with friends and shit at 16... POTATO!
skittlesRgood Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut. It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line. I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around. so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? makes sense... BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Stephen Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 dont drink, im 21 you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
bre2ts Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 i agree with skittles i am/was a frat boy in college... you do grow out of the drinking/partying stage of your life, well most people do Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
blownengine Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.I feel the same way. I'm only 17, but I an already see how it's affected my friends. I want to be successful in life, all my friends caring about is getting wasted. Half of them have dropped out and have no plans of even getting their GEDs. I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.Edit: school is still important and that was always what my dad preached to me...my only rules are/were do your school shit, be safe and no hard drugs(coc, meth, pills, etc.). Weed is less harmful than alcohol and don't get me started on that hah I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.x2sure you bitch about it now but its for the best. my parents sure as hell didnt let me drink or stay out late at 16. im sure you think you're all big and grown up but you are not. you will see that in a couple years. just like everyone else.your parents are doing a good thing, even if you dont like it, respect and trust that they know best. they have been your age, they know things you dont yet. Its nice to see some of you agree with me. ikidwell, i still have alot of friends and go out almost every night (When im not working on cars ) I got good grades(mostly B's), Took 3 Ap classes and anything that wasnt AP was an honors class. And I'm going to the University of Cincinnati next year for mechanical engineering. I really dont believe you need to get drung or high to have a good time. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.