Looking to get some better front stage going...

Alright... so currently I have a shitty front stage since I was not looking to go "crazy" with the audio... that plan did not stay.. I went from some old school JL audio 10" w3's to a Pioneer Premiere 12" and then to a 12" SSA Icon and now I currently have a 15" SSA Xcon sealed enclosure... so far I loved the sound... My front stage consisted of just Alpine 6x9 for a while and then I added some Polk Audio tweets in the dash... Not having alot of options on the EQ side I think I damaged a tweet which is whatever I don't care... I didn't have the right amps to do this setup and that is probably how I did that.. I was using a BA GT2-125 and no separate xover so I know the tweets were going too low..

So this is the setup currently...:

1" Polk Audio tweets

6x9" Alpine

Boston Acoustics GT2-125

I want to keep that amp and either do a passive/pre-configured component set, like the Polk Audio MM6501 or maybe try out some other drivers ...

One thing I was looking at were these Oxygen Audio drivers ... xover on the amp to about 100hz and call it a day... Should I do this????

Then I came across this xover .. which I know might be home oriented but I think could work ... If I did this what could I add as a tweeter???

Any help or suggestions would be great....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I want to start kinda fresh.... I don't think I'll want to put in the effort for an active setup... At least not now anyway...

What I do want to do is possibly make a "homemade" passive set... Possibly using pre-made xovers and some nice drivers..... Would maybe using the Selenium or maybe the Peerless 830657 in conjunction with that O2 driver on a 2-way passive xover be any good??? Just trying to see if I can be somewhat creative in that manner instead of just buying a made set first....

Thanks for the replies so far though.

Just to show more detail:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25913_O2_OM-690.aspx

O2_OM-690.jpg

with one of these midbass drivers:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1088&FTR=830657

264-1088_l.jpg

OR

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-422&FTR=selenium%206%20w4p

264-422_l.jpg

WITH:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-140&scqty=1

260-140_l.jpg

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

the equipment you showed in your second post would work together but you would be lacking in your highs. i would add a tweeter and try to find a three way crossover so you can run all three.

another option which you said you werent sure about is going active and using a separate amp to power the midbass, midrange, and tweeters. You can do this with a 5 channel amp and an active crossover like the kx3. have 2 channels for left/right mids, 2 channels for left/right tweeters, and 1 channel for your seleniums

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

having the wrong crossover to a comp set is like having a sub in the wrong box. it just wont sound right. plus it looks like you want the 8ohm oxygen speaker wired together with a 4ohm tweeter.

100w 8ohm midbass driver on an amp that im guessing will do around 50w at 8ohm. its just not enough power to really get some kick out of them. but by the specs i would go with the peerless over the seleniums, having never heard either.

if i were you, i would just get a comp set and call it a day.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

image dynamics CTX over those polks for sure. but we dont have a budget.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

My badd... Thought I put the budget in.... I was looking to do around $200 .... $300 would be a breaking the bank type budget right now... I saw the CTX were at $160 now... I also saw that Image Dynamics website is stating the company will be no longer... which might be the reason why..

I was suggested the Image Dynamics CSX series over at SSA but haven't been given a solid reason as to why I should spend the extra and do the $315 dollar set....

Thank you to all who have posted thus far..

its just a better sounding set. they are known as chameleons. if they were a little bit shallower i would have had them in my doors a long time ago. but i put the ctx in a buddy's car and we both really liked how they sounded. i would get a set while you still can. the only reason ID is closing is because one guy was an idiot. the real designer left and should be working on a new product line as we speak.

its just a better sounding set. they are known as chameleons. if they were a little bit shallower i would have had them in my doors a long time ago. but i put the ctx in a buddy's car and we both really liked how they sounded. i would get a set while you still can. the only reason ID is closing is because one guy was an idiot. the real designer left and should be working on a new product line as we speak.

hmmm... so pick up the CTX??? or wait a week or 2 and get the CXS???

oh if you can swing the CXS, go for it. they are 3" deep so make sure they fit.