Sonic Electronix

I think thats your best bet...use the p/s for your floors and then raamat for everything else...I think thats what I would do

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

i use gutter repair tape from home depot its 15 dollars for a 6 inch x 25 ft roll and its not asphalt based and it holds great on the roof ive had it on the roof of my van for over a year and never have had a problem

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

• 1 month later...
i use gutter repair tape from home depot its 15 dollars for a 6 inch x 25 ft roll and its not asphalt based and it holds great on the roof ive had it on the roof of my van for over a year and never have had a problem

I also use the gutter repair tape that wigglez is talking about. Its made by Protecto wrap, and comes in either a shinny aluminum finish, or a white finish. Its about 2mm thinner then dynamat xtreme, or stinger road kill expert. I have both stinger, dynamat, and the protecto wrap in my car.

The protecto wrap adheres much better, It stays stuck in the cold and in the heat. It does not stink in heat, and is way cheaper!. I only pay $12.84 per roll which is 12.5 square feet.

DCAO0068.jpg

A little comparison to dynamat extreme, protecto wrap, and stinger roadkill expert.

DCAO0076.jpg

DCAO0087.jpg

DCAO0073.jpg

DCAO0101.jpg

Here is some of the white protecto wrap because I ran out and this was all menards had and home depot was out.

DCAO0002-1.jpg

Characteristics of an Effective Damping Material – Make sure you examine beyond the $ per square foot.

All members:

[b]1. Mass [/b]– The physical science of damping requires mass over area. The greater the mass (weight per square foot) equals better performance. Focus treatment on the center of the unsupported sheet metal panels and work toward the outer edges (where the panels are welded to the structure of the vehicle. Too many products are “marketed” as effective damping materials at .20-.45 pounds per square foot. There are diminishing returns in double/triple layering the material. For example you do not get 2X the damping performance by adding a second layer.

2. Chemistry – The material must be formulated using materials to provide excellent flexibility at high and low temperature. Asphalt, acrylic and plastic resins are very poor chemistries at any temperature above 60 degrees. These materials change in composition and crack/flake over time. They also exhibit very poor adhesion characteristics. The flexibility of the material is critical given the uneven surfaces in the automobile. Ribbed floors, door frames, tunnels to mention a few. Trunk lids are all uneven surfaces that require a flexible material to adhere to the bottom surfaces in the channels. If the material bridges and does not get good adhesion/contact with the channels you will not receive the maximum benefit of the materal. Rigid materials require heat guns to create minimal flexibility and then they cut the day lights out of your hands.

3. Adhesion The material must adhere (and stay adhered) to the vehicle for the life of the car. This is an area that many of the “marketeers” fail. How many times do you hear about taking off a door panel after a year and find the damping material sitting at the bottom of the door frame? The damping material must remain adhered to 100% of the surface to perform.

If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to contact us [email protected]

• 5 months later...

is peel and seal the same as this stuff? 1162_products_y__79070.jpg

it looks and feels like dynamat? but its all i could find at home depot

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

anybody know?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/