Second Skin Audio

Box Help (Build Stopped Til I Get Confirmation)

I have 2 T3 T.1000 12's being reconed this week and need a box for them. I have been working a bit on designing one and need some of the more seasoned members here to take a look and give me some advice. I would like both port and subs forward.

Max Width: 30"

Max Height: 16.5"

Max Depth: 32"

Here are the specs from T3:

T3Specs.jpg?t=1309793748

Here is the box I've done up using Torres box Calc:

Box2Torres.jpg?t=1309812307

And here is those values put into the RE Calc just for a visual display and cutsheet list:

Box2RE.jpg?t=1309812307

Thanks for looking and please leave some feedback. I really want to build this one myself and if anyone can draft one up that would work a lot better than what I have so far let me know, I'm completely open to suggestions. I am mainly trying to stay within the max dimensions listed above and trying to tune around 33Hz using a slot port, but I may try out a PVC port.

Edited by Lbox88

Try 16h x 30w x 28.75d with a port of 4.75w x 15h x 28d. That will throw you 4.6 net 33hz with 15.5" in^2 port per cube. That's also figuring for bracing, woofer displacement, etc.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Try 16h x 30w x 28.75d with a port of 4.75w x 15h x 28d. That will throw you 4.6 net 33hz with 15.5" in^2 port per cube. That's also figuring for bracing, woofer displacement, etc.

Wouldn't the port be 14.5" tall due to the .75" MDF? And wouldn't 4.75" wide be too much since I gotta fit 2 12's into the remaining space of the front plate with overall diameter of 12.76" each? Would I also need that much volume for these?

Wouldn't the port be 14.5" tall due to the .75" MDF? And wouldn't 4.75" wide be too much since I gotta fit 2 12's into the remaining space of the front plate with overall diameter of 12.76" each? Would I also need that much volume for these?

I had the height at 16.5, let me fix that. Try this: 16h x 30w x 28.5d port being 14.5h x 4.75w x 26.75d put you close to the same specs as early. You need 2.3 cubes according to the chart you provided, and any narrower port will throw you short on port area. It should fit but be tight.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to do some re-measuring when I get home from work. I think I measured on the small side so that I can get it in and out. After the port, the front plate would be 24.5x14.5 and if I put the two subs side by side, they would sit 25.52" wide. Might have to change the design as to where the subs or port sit too... This is going into the trunk of a '98 Malibu and I just want the loudest design. How well would subs forward port backward/side/up do? With this size I am getting sorta worried about being able to even slide it in/out, lol.

I would build it into the trunk, but I may not have this car a year from now and these subs will not be going with it.

i say you build it into the trunk and then take the subs out when you sell the car. You can offer the box to the buyer or rip it out for them

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Getting out of work soon and something dawned on me. Would it be better/worse or no different if I were to tune to the subwoofer's Fs, which is right at 34Hz? I was aiming for 33 anyways, so it's not like I would really notice much of a difference, just got me curious though...

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to do some re-measuring when I get home from work. I think I measured on the small side so that I can get it in and out. After the port, the front plate would be 24.5x14.5 and if I put the two subs side by side, they would sit 25.52" wide. Might have to change the design as to where the subs or port sit too... This is going into the trunk of a '98 Malibu and I just want the loudest design. How well would subs forward port backward/side/up do? With this size I am getting sorta worried about being able to even slide it in/out, lol.

I would build it into the trunk, but I may not have this car a year from now and these subs will not be going with it.

You sacrifice any more port width and it will throw you short on port area. Measure the diameter of the subs when you get it back, I'm betting they are a little smaller than specs show. Plus at 16h you could always stagger them ever so slightly to make up for some of it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition