Sonic Electronix

dynamat nock off ... Peel and Seal

i was at my local home depot and i was looking around and happened to come across some stuff called peel and seal. so when i came home i looked it up and its actually kind of popular. Has anyone used this and is it worth it? thanks

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112634-why-roofing-products-dont-work/

Click this, go there, and learn some stuff for your own good. SAY NO TO P&S.

well thats good to know. but im still gonna use it to FILL HOLES. And if you still think i shouldn't use it you can buy me real sound deadening.

#1 Looking at your first post and the name of this thread. 'nock off deadener'. I was assuming, as everyone else was, that you were going to use it as deadner.

#2 Why the fuck are you trying to use a 'nock off deadener' to fill your holes? Deadening the holes vs filling them? That may be MORE retarded then trying to use it as a deadener.

#3 Reread #1 and #2 respectively in order please.

#4 ?????

#5 Profit.

you seem mad. R U MAD?? and im just trying to stop air from going back into the truck, from the holes in my rear deck...

*Sighs* Another peel & seal thread.......*shakes head & walks out the door*

P.S. Can't we like make it so that your FORCED to use the search first before posting a Q.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

P.S. Can't we like make it so that your FORCED to use the search first before posting a Q.

Thats what im saying, the thing is the search isnt really point on it takes you to random threads that has nothing to do with what your looking for. EDIT: Alot of the Times

ABC- plenty of people have tried to help you even as this thread is really pointless, u could make a template out of cardboard trace it to wood, cut it and screw that to ur back deck too and that would stop air from getting back there. Hell strips of duct tape will close up a hole, if thats all ur wanting to do like you said.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Noticed how he has used nothing but the cheap shit. The 'slight' foil difference is in MMs. You arent going to notice I ginormous difference...that being said, compared to dynamat? Thats dynamat regular too, which is quite thin and TERRIBLY overpriced. You cannot compare a tiny amount of P&S to something like dynamat extreme: 1.7mm. Or damplifier pro: 2mm. The foil is also the most important part of the deadning, which there is simply not enough at all on P&S to make a difference.

Thats what im saying, the thing is the search isnt really point on it takes you to random threads that has nothing to do with what your looking for.

x2. it takes me so much longer to find the answer to my question with that terrible thing you people call a search bar. And i know you people are not doing anything so might as well make a thread that you can answer or bitch at me for.

Thats what im saying, the thing is the search isnt really point on it takes you to random threads that has nothing to do with what your looking for.

ABC- plenty of people have tried to help you even as this thread is really pointless, u could make a template out of cardboard trace it to wood, cut it and screw that to ur back deck too and that would stop air from getting back there. Hell strips of duct tape will close up a hole, if thats all ur wanting to do like you said.

Go search for Peel and Seal using the search feature. The first result is this thread, then you have SEVERAL threads discussing how Peel and Seal sucks for our application.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

i was at my local home depot and i was looking around and happened to come across some stuff called peel and seal. so when i came home i looked it up and its actually kind of popular. Has anyone used this and is it worth it? thanks

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112634-why-roofing-products-dont-work/

Click this, go there, and learn some stuff for your own good. SAY NO TO P&S.

well thats good to know. but im still gonna use it to FILL HOLES. And if you still think i shouldn't use it you can buy me real sound deadening.

#1 Looking at your first post and the name of this thread. 'nock off deadener'. I was assuming, as everyone else was, that you were going to use it as deadner.

#2 Why the fuck are you trying to use a 'nock off deadener' to fill your holes? Deadening the holes vs filling them? That may be MORE retarded then trying to use it as a deadener.

#3 Reread #1 and #2 respectively in order please.

#4 ?????

#5 Profit.

you seem mad. R U MAD?? and im just trying to stop air from going back into the truck, from the holes in my rear deck...

:lol: am I mad? No. Just forced to see threads like this atleast once a month from posters like you who cant help but post a question whenever you have a cling on up their ass and dont know how to get it out by themselves. Just because you were weened a little too early you need to make a post about how to tie your shoes because one side is longer than the other and you dont know whether to walk with your right foot first or your left.

Searching is not hard, although it is touchy. Goggle is even easier. But it is too hard to type that in and click on a few links vs instantly making a thread about it. Several members including myself have given you several links and posts that show it is useless as a deadner...BUT WAIT, you dont even want to use it as that. You want to fill holes. :orly3: If thats the case, then why not ask, 'Hai guys, I need to fill some holes, would deadener such as P&S work?' Instead you asked how it works as a deadener. You got your answer, do with it what you will. But deadener used to fill holes? lol ok. Just remember the square doesnt fit in the round hole bud.

:good:

Go search for Peel and Seal using the search feature. The first result is this thread, then you have SEVERAL threads discussing how Peel and Seal sucks for our application.

I edited my post just now, and the reason it probably works now is cause so many damn threads about peel and seal :lol: Not everything u search for shows up even searching through the first few pages theres nothing related to what ur searching sometimes on certain things.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Archived