Sonic Electronix

Best advise I can give you, is shop around. I am currently building a system and I think I have spent around $500 on equipment that retails at over $1200. I found things on Craigslist, amazon, Audiosavings, Parts-Express.... There are so many sites to choose from. Then I would recommending building your own box. There are a number of topics about it not only on this forum, but many other forums. Look at how they build, why they did what they did, and what was the result of it. You can experiment with ported boxes vs. TL boxes as well. Double Alts, HO alts, Big 3, cone area, port volume, box tuning........ You will probably have more research time on it then actual hands on, but in the end it will be worth it. Best of Luck and Cheers :drinks:

Also some very good advice ^^^

your going to want to study first! I think the very best advice I could give you is study a lot and have patience! Don't just go out and buy some shitty shit just cause it's cheap! You end up spending 2x as much In the long run

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

thanks guys for all of your help! :)!

Yeah ive been researching for 3 days now and have found a deal on 2 fi 15s i kind of like and im still lookin around

my friend also was offering to sell me 2 skar audio 12s",a ported box tuned to 33hz i believe, and a Rockford 1500rms amp for 700 (Idk if i will take that route or not, but its an option)

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

Yeah ive been researching for 3 days now and have found a deal on 2 fi 15s i kind of like and im still lookin around

my friend also was offering to sell me 2 skar audio 12s",a ported box tuned to 33hz i believe, and a Rockford 1500rms amp for 700 (Idk if i will take that route or not, but its an option)

what model FI's doesnt really matter either way FI's wont disappoint i love FI currently building a box for an FI ssd 15

lifted trucks gorgeous sluts a pretty face and slammin bass

My current Set up

Car less :(

I Do Ported Box designs/cutsheets with 3d google sketchup model just PM

i would really want an in-depth guide

Just flip the fucking thing over

Yeah man just find out what you like! I just ordered 2 obsidian audio 12's they also jave 15" woofers and have an 18" in the making! Check out their site obsidiancaraudio.com. I'm just telling you this because they are a new company and both the owners are awesome dudes and it's looking legit.

The most important thing is to get what you want and what you like the most

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

those do look pretty ill, and have about the same specs as the skars my friend was tryin to sell me :P

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

Yeah obsidian audio is actually co-owned by Jacob fuller (owner of sundown). But get what suits you best, you'll be slammin

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

$1600 budget?

2 AQ HDC3 18s- $300 a piece or so

1 Crecendo BC2000- $339 I believe

1 XS D3100- $350-$400

Use the rest to buy materials for an enclosure and wiring :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

If your getting to big RMS subs, You gotta get high RMS amp.. then if you do that your getting yourself into an expensive electrical and your over $1600 in a heartbeat.

Edited by dkahns51

The system I am going to be buying, should be under $1600, I don't know about it doing hairtricks but I know it will do some mad work. RF punch 6.5 component set and 6x9's off sonic electronics, 2 DC lvl 3 12's. T500.1bdcp running the bass and a T400.4 running mids/highs. Still lots left for wiring some box materials, and possibly a battery and alt.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm