Budget mids and highs setup for front stage.

Cashdollar2009

I am planning to start my first fiberglassing project. My original plan was to put two sets of 6.5 components in each of my front doors. I checked pricing on some Image Dynamics and can get two sets new for $260.00. I'd like to keep my budget around $250.00. Below that would be great! Though another idea I've thrown around may be two Seleniums per door and a super tweet per door as well. I will more than likely be running the MB Quart Onyx Series 4-channel at a supposed 125watts x4 @ 4-ohms. Though on Selenium's and super tweets would I need a crossover? Or would I just run the on a seperate channel on the amp and use te crossover on my head unit? I'm running the Kenwood KDC-BT738u. Thanks for the input guys.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I have been reading sone mixed reviews on the Selenium's menses response. I'll be running a pair of 15" XLs off of a DC 5k, site vocals I'd really like to pick up a bit. I sawthe Selenium tweeters mentioned in another post as only anpair being used in Gary Killian's monserrat. Any reviews are appreciated!

a set i heard last week that i took a liking to was the Crescendo CCX65 component set, at only $99/pair i think they are gonna be tough to beat in that price range

edit: just noticed you have crescendo in your signature photo so im sure you already know about them haha

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

the seleniums apparently only sound the best when at high volumes and decent amount of power, otherwise sound sloppy. this is just what ive heard

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

if you can get your image dynamics for 260 but your budget is 250, id say you should check the couch cushions for spare change :pardon:

10 dollars is not significant enough that you should change your build for it.

Oh I'll scratch up the $10.00 if need be. Lol I was just stating that I was able to scoop up two sets BNIB for that price tag. I could also do four Selenium 6W4P's and two of the Selenium ST35 super tweets for $228.00. I will be fiberglassing whichever option into my doors so I will be workig with some airspace behind the woofers. I may even add some polyfill if it would help. Those are just two of my options. Just poking around to get some thoughts and ideas. Also some configuration options as far as settig the crossover frequencies using the head unit and amp settings only with the Selenium option.

There are tons of companies that have pro audio mids and highs. Really what you are looking for is a driver with a high sensitivity (90db+) that can play extremely loud. B&C, goldwood, dayton, and jbl make some wicked pro audio gear. I would check out partsexpress and madisound and see if you can find something there. They are raw driver superstores.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

the seleniums apparently only sound the best when at high volumes and decent amount of power, otherwise sound sloppy. this is just what ive heard

You heard wrong then. I play them at low volumes on the way to/from shows playing all kinds of music and they sound just fine. Not an SQ set up, but I just need them to keep up over the wind noise and sound decent tonally.

Archived