Second Skin Audio

Final box plans. Double check.

It won't fit in my box. lol

Your box is around 5.5 ft^3 after displacements so you want the size of your port to be around 85 in^2 or so. However you can get that, be it 17x5, or 8.5x10, or whatever will fit in your box. You want at least 80 in^2 and then however deep it has to be to get your tuning

And if you have to, you may want to try and make the amp racks a little smaller so the box itself can be bigger to make up for lost displacement

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

Fuckin' dammit, wish I had this much help when I was designing mine. Might be f***ed now, I've got one of the two 50% built already. And I just realized I think I have almost double the port area I need. And I might have been able to do subs forward port forward like I wanted to instead of having to do two separate boxes with port and sub up. Well, good luck to you. If any of the people who've been helping with this one could swing by mine too, I'd appreciate it. My link

Edited by Lbox88

Heres the specs on the secound box.

Soloxbox7.png

SoloXbox8.png

Your port needs to be even bigger now that you've increased the size of your box. You'll need about 140-150 in^2 and then however deep your port needs to be. Try and find a balance so that if you multiply the size of your box by 16-18, you get the in^2 of your port. Does that make sense?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log