Second Skin Audio

Not sure how to word this - Flush Mounted MDF Rings?

Home depot sells the 1/4-20 Tee nuts 4 for $0.98

Ah damn! Very good. I have a few things to do, then I planned to run up to Lowes to grab some MDF for a box build - just to change my setup a bit - make it 4 upfiring instead of 2 cabin facing and 2 angled facing the trunk ( I think I might be getting a bit of cancelation even though each sub has its own chamber. But I dont have a TermLab to test with, so I am hoping I can gain a little bit of noticable difference between 4 upfiring. We will see.

But I am not gonna use the T-Nuts just gonna flush mount it and screw em into the MDF since this box is only gonna be used maybe a month 2 months max... & with upfiring, flush mounted im not worried about them ripping out as someone stated earlier if I slammed on the brakes..

Had that happen one time in my buddies car with his subs had the back seats dropped and he ripped the e-brake so he didnt hit a car who slammed on his brakes ( why he ripped the e instead of just hitting his brakes idk ) but either way worked, anyways, one sub ripped flat out, the other ripped out like the top 3 screws.

Anyways, i am off to build.. I might take a few pics. But it isnt nothing fancy. So who knows. We will see.

Ill get on in a bit to check my other Poll for the ported box build I plan to do for these subs..

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

i didnt realize 20 bucks was alot of money for something to ensure your woofers stay put.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I wouldn't use T-nuts for SHIT. Once those bitches start spinning on you then jou are facked.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I wouldn't use T-nuts for SHIT. Once those bitches start spinning on you then jou are facked.

Like the ones he used above for the 6.5's? What do you mean by spin, I thought those would be ok since they have those 4 teeth that bite in?

Edited by Lbox88

Like the ones he used above for the 6.5's? What do you mean by spin, I thought those would be ok since they have those 4 teeth that bite in?

When the teeth bend, have fun trying to get them out. Hurricane nuts have the teeth inside the hole, t-nuts don't.

I facking hate T-nuts.

BTW @sensai, I'm stealing "fack".

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Lmfao.. Fack. I am just gonna buy both and test em - on a differed box if course. See which one does best.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Lmfao.. Fack. I am just gonna buy both and test em - on a differed box if course. See which one does best.

just flush mount them and drill into the wood and call it a day!

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

When the teeth bend, have fun trying to get them out. Hurricane nuts have the teeth inside the hole, t-nuts don't.

I facking hate T-nuts.

BTW @sensai, I'm stealing "fack".

Oooooh, I see... might have to pick up some of those instead. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Lbox88

just flush mount them and drill into the wood and call it a day!

Honestly that's most likely what I am gonna do. With the baffle being 1.5" I will flush mount it 3/4 down so it will have 3/4 lip anyways. They will be up firing as well. I am not worried about them flying out. Unless maybe I were to flip the car..pray to god that don't happen. Smh. But this box will only be used for like a month or so. So the 3/4" flush mount should be fine for it.

Fack it. :lol:

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65