Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 Time for carpet and cutouts. Taped up the port so i wouldn't get glue in the port.
siccostyle Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 The box looks good. What is it tuned to? How do you like the port up? I am interested in how that sounds. I know there is not alot of space in the back of these things and port up gives you more room to work with. The build looks awesome great job 01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 Time to run some wire to the back, first i had to find a spot to bring it back up into the explorer. Behind the drivers seat belt looked like a good place to me with the drain plug there. I used a unibit to drill a couple more holes and a combo of hack saw and metal file to smoothe it out. I took a piece of vinyl hose and split it down the middle to cover all the rough edges and added some roadkill to it to hold the vinyl tube in place.
Torres Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 oh how i miss my explorer. i also had 2 18" nightshades in 8 cubes net combined but a 3500 per sub. should get pretty loud for sure. box looks good
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 The box looks good. What is it tuned to? How do you like the port up? I am interested in how that sounds. I know there is not alot of space in the back of these things and port up gives you more room to work with. The build looks awesome great job The box is tuned to 32-33 and with the port up it doesn't hammer on the rear hatch as bad. Just glad i put 2 layers on the roof but seeing it in action I would consider doing more. Overall sound is great and it moves alot of air. The box is just over 8^3 with 100 sq. inches of port area.
siccostyle Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 The box looks good. What is it tuned to? How do you like the port up? I am interested in how that sounds. I know there is not alot of space in the back of these things and port up gives you more room to work with. The build looks awesome great job The box is tuned to 32-33 and with the port up it doesn't hammer on the rear hatch as bad. Just glad i put 2 layers on the roof but seeing it in action I would consider doing more. Overall sound is great and it moves alot of air. The box is just over 8^3 with 100 sq. inches of port area. Makes sense. Mine is ported back toward the hatch and it does hammer it. I think my next step is to start taking stuff out like seats hahaha. I am interested in seeing the final placement of your batts and amps I lost alot of space on those. 01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 All ends are soldered with 60/40 rosin core. Ignore the JL fuse holder, it was from temp system i had in it. I couldn't find wire loom big enough to cover them so i bought a shop vac hose and split it down the middle to make my own wire loom.
Hotdog Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 Looking good, I like watching explorer builds. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
bassHZ Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 sweet build dude and trucks looks nice dropped
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 Alt installed. There was a bolt hole in the acc. mount and i used that to hold the fuse for the big 3.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.