Sonic Electronix

So i got 2 12s planet audio runnin on 3k watt planet audio amp. had this system for half a year and its been tuned and wired at right ohm so everything is correct.

i left the country for a month and i come back and this is what my subs do..

its tuned to where i can turn my bass knob all the way up and amp is tuned to 34vol. but now i turn my subs and bass 1/4 way up and volume on 26 then my subs start to short.. like they hit then they stop. then again and again.

its 100 degrees where i live so i thought my amp could be too hot and its going into protect mode.. without having my amp on it felt pretty warm cause of our weather.. i thought that could be why.

also the other day i turned my bass up and volume up wanted to see if they'd start working but my amp started to go onto protect mode which is when my amp's protect mode lamp starts to flicker so i turned it off and then lowered the volume and it all works fine..no more protect mode.. but now on 0 bass and they still hit but not all that much at all.

what could cause that?

i checked by JC Adudio they said my subs are the problem and they are out-timing or not working properly.. but how? i havent used them in a month and magically they start to do that? weird shit..

Thanks in advance!!

Could be a number of things...Check all coils.

I would agree thinking that it would be the amp over the subs. Especially in 100 degree weather.

I live in Fl and it gets hot as all hell here. Hot to the point where my amp would go into protect if I didn't park under shade.

Check your coils..

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

So i got 2 12s planet audio runnin on 3k watt planet audio amp. had this system for half a year and its been tuned and wired at right ohm so everything is correct.

its tuned to where i can turn my bass knob all the way up and amp is tuned to 34vol. but now i turn my subs and bass 1/4 way up and volume on 26 then my subs start to short.. like they hit then they stop. then again and again.

its 100 degrees where i live so i thought my amp could be too hot and its going into protect mode.. without having my amp on it felt pretty warm cause of our weather.. i thought that could be why.

also the other day i turned my bass up and volume up wanted to see if they'd start working but my amp started to go onto protect mode which is when my amp's protect mode lamp starts to flicker so i turned it off and then lowered the volume and it all works fine..no more protect mode.. but now on 0 bass and they still hit but not all that much at all.

what could cause that?

i checked by JC Adudio they said my subs are the problem and they are out-timing or not working properly.. but how? i havent used them in a month and magically they start to do that? weird shit..

Thanks in advance!!

this is why i hate most shops..

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

amp is going into soft protect from low voltage, have your batt(s) load tested...

my bro was having the same prob in his car and it was the batt... from sitting some times the cells go bad...

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

what could cause that?

Thanks in advance!!

this is why i hate most shops..

out-timing??!?! :bull:

CHECK YOU CONNECTIONS, maybe a loose ground, power, or speaker wire maybe.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

If you're just looking for things to check, one easy (though probably unlikely) thing is your ground. Make sure its still tight and its still a metal on metal connection.

Heh. I got ninja'd.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert