so what are you sayin everyone should pay 500 dollars a week or whatever even if they don't make that much

Edit: how is that any more fair? its actually less fair precentage wise some would pay more out of there checks and maybe there whole check

i paid $18,000 in income taxes last year. wanna know how much i got back at tax time? a whopping $1,200. dude down the street only worked 1 month of the year, paid in $140, and got back $4,000.

dont try to talk to me about taxes being fair...... between me and my wife, collectively, we paid right at $30,000 in income taxes last fiscal year. collectively, we got back under $3,000.

so yeah, that dude down the street deserved to "get back" nearly 40x what he paid in, and we got back less than 10% of what we paid in. did i get any more "service" from the government than they did? no, i didnt. unlike him, i didnt also get an extra $20,000- in benefits through the year like he did.

so yeah, once again, dont try to talk to me about it being "fair".

thats our taxes now it wouldn't be like that under a fair tax code. or at least i wouldn't vote for it if it was

im getting mixed signals as your posts are beginning to contradict themselves. one post you say its fair, then the next you say you wouldnt vote for a tax code that works that way.

make up your mind bro.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

so what are you sayin everyone should pay 500 dollars a week or whatever even if they don't make that much

Edit: how is that any more fair? its actually less fair precentage wise some would pay more out of there checks and maybe there whole check

i paid $18,000 in income taxes last year. wanna know how much i got back at tax time? a whopping $1,200. dude down the street only worked 1 month of the year, paid in $140, and got back $4,000.

dont try to talk to me about taxes being fair...... between me and my wife, collectively, we paid right at $30,000 in income taxes last fiscal year. collectively, we got back under $3,000.

so yeah, that dude down the street deserved to "get back" nearly 40x what he paid in, and we got back less than 10% of what we paid in. did i get any more "service" from the government than they did? no, i didnt. unlike him, i didnt also get an extra $20,000- in benefits through the year like he did.

so yeah, once again, dont try to talk to me about it being "fair".

im not against you i agree that that isn't fair me and my wife paid in alot last year only got 2200 back and her sister worked like 3 months and got 4000 back that isn't fair i agree

this nation is supposed to be about takin care of everybody not just the rich man

no, this nation is supposed to be about freedom, not "taking care of everybody". the government needs to spread my work ethic, not my paycheck. if everyone is gonna have the same thing as everyone else regardless of how much you work, then whats the fucking point of working?

dude okay if you make 100,000 and pay 13% you pay 13,000 and still make alot more than some that makes 10,000 and pays 1,300 in taxes ur 87% is still alot more than his thats what im sayin

im not against you i agree that that isn't fair me and my wife paid in alot last year only got 2200 back and her sister worked like 3 months and got 4000 back that isn't fair i agree

And see, all this would go away under the flat tax plan. EVERYONE pays the same rate...PERIOD! No tax refunds...No IRS!

Simple and effective....the exact opposite of what our bloated government has become.

For the guy that said his old roommate was getting 1300 every Tuesday... If he was getting that much, he was NOT on unemployment. There is no state in this country that pays that much weekly... Mass and Washington are the two top states out there... And they only pay 700+ a week... Just to clear things up...

You're right, it wasn't all unemployment. Something like $585 was, then he had $200 in food stamps and his girlfriend had $250 or so in food stamps. She had one kid and lived with her parents, so they paid for everything and she gave my friend all her money. They usually sold the stamps to other people so they could have cash. Drug dealers don't take vision cards very often lol. They just found every loophole that they could exploit.

But either way, making that much money for nothing is ridiculous. At that point, I worked 60+ hour week and barely got by. He worked 0 hour weeks and had more money.

Also, no disrespect, I know very little about boilers, but if its a somewhat seasonal job, how do you draw unemployment? Im honestly curious. Like you said, if you're expecting not to work for a certain period, budget around that. Especially if you're making a comfortable living while you do work. It doesn't seem fair for you to make 60-100k and draw unemployment during downtime while people making 20k working all year can't.

dude okay if you make 100,000 and pay 13% you pay 13,000 and still make alot more than some that makes 10,000 and pays 1,300 in taxes ur 87% is still alot more than his thats what im sayin

of course i was only working 90 hours a week doing it too..... i damn near killed myself working last year. and for what? just to give the government 60% of my overtime wage.......

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

And see, all this would go away under the flat tax plan. EVERYONE pays the same rate...PERIOD! No tax refunds...No IRS!

Simple and effective....the exact opposite of what our bloated government has become.

thats what im tryin to get across to him

of course i was only working 90 hours a week doing it too..... i damn near killed myself working last year. and for what? just to give the government 60% of my overtime wage.......

but we are talkin about if it was a fair tax and you wouldn't pay that 60% no matter how much overtime just the 13% of what you make

How about making big companies put a percentage of they're profit from every quarter into a fund to use as a stimulus package or pay back our debts to other countries? just a thought?

Yeah, but then what you are doing is punishing success. What would be the business motivation for that? What would keep them from closing their doors and moving to another country that doesn't do that?

You have to keep in mind that the rich are the ones who hire people. You can't swipe their profits and still expect them to make payroll.

The only reason I thought this up is oil companies and big corporations are make billions in profit each quarter, that's after everyone is paid and all the bills are taken care of. I'm not wanting to punish for success but there is defiantly some crooked price increases and such that keep our inflation going up.

Who do you think is getting these billions of dollars in profit? The big oil companies are publicly traded entities. That means they have investors. You could buy stock in Exxon and then YOU would be one of the fat cats who are constantly being demonized for making money. :pardon:

I understand that I think. If I had the extra money to spend to invest I would in a heart beat, but I have an ever increasing gas bill that takes all of my extra money, it's a double edge sword. From where I'm sitting barely able to make due at the end of each month, it makes sense. I can also understand people that work real jobs and make real money and are a little more money savy than others how it would not be a good thing.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Archived