1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

My mom and sisters impala have this with stock systems. It is just the stock amp that they have in the vehicles. Idk why it does that but its normal. For example, in either of their impalas (2002 and 2005) you can take the stock radio and press the "disp" button to show the time and you will hear a beep and then after that you will hear the hiss noise until the stock amp shuts off. The amps are just crappy quality so there isnt much u can do about it.

I have alternator whine in my system but idgaf about it since it cant be heard when the engine is hot or when i have my music cranked up.

Now with your amp, do u really have one stock or did you wire all the speakers up to the wires coming off your headunit? If you are using the stock amp, to test if it truly is the stock amp causing the problem, just take a test speaker of somekind and connect it to one of your speaker outputs and listen to it. it shouldnt have any hissing noise.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ya skittles, it's only noticeable at low volumes. I can hear it more in between songs and whatnot. I've seen and heard other 3200 pioneers that sound crystal clear..unless mine is just defective or some shit. Damn, I hope it isn't just the head unit. It has 4v preouts also

Kickass, my truck does have a factory amp, I just wired the new head unit into the aftermarket harness, and that into the stock wiring harness. So the factory amp is still being used, I'm assuming?

I appreciate everyone's input on this...I'm going to check my damn grounds Tuesday...I hope I can fix this. I wanna start this build! It's killin me.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Yes it seems like you are using the stock amp. Just try to bypass the amp and wire up a speaker temporarily to one of the outputs and see if it makes that hissing noise.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yes it seems like you are using the stock amp. Just try to bypass the amp and wire up a speaker temporarily to one of the outputs and see if it makes that hissing noise.

Ok. Do you mean disconnect one of the speakers, and re-wire it straight to the wires coming from the head unit harness? Like bypass the stock harness altogether? Sorry for the noobness...still learnin this shit

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

yupp thats what i meant. sorry, i didnt know how to explain it well. But thats what i meant to try.

LOL this is the headunit I want to get

I just remember this from SoundDomain:

i've noticed a lot of people having issues with getting sudden alternator noise with their pioneer headunit. if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground. if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash. with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's. this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter. any authorized pioneer benchtech can fix this problem in less than an hour if he can get right to it. just taking a couple extra steps during the install will save a lot of headaches later on.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Thats alternator whine tho, the hiss noise isnt always alternator whine. in my mom and sisters vehicle, the hiss is present even with the car off. My radio has alternator whine to a little extent because i ran the rca wire near the power line before i finish upgrading the equipment and shield it all off.

LOL this is the headunit I want to get

I just remember this from SoundDomain:

i've noticed a lot of people having issues with getting sudden alternator noise with their pioneer headunit. if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground. if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash. with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's. this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter. any authorized pioneer benchtech can fix this problem in less than an hour if he can get right to it. just taking a couple extra steps during the install will save a lot of headaches later on.

you have gotta be fucking kidding me? a ground from the actual body of the unit to the vehicle's chassis? is this what that means?

Edit: going to check if it does it with the car off...I hope it does. for the love of God

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Archived