Mechman Alternators

any way to increase my voltage?

well i currently have 2d3100s in my trunk and one 3400 under the hood and 1mechman 270 in my car and when with the car off its 12.6-12.8 all depends if i charge my batterys or not on my xspowercharger1215 and when the car is on around 13.6 very rarley see it go past 14volts even when im driving and dont play my system for 10-15mins

any help? i would like to add more power but i fear huge voltage drop i run a aq3500d1 and plan on running 2 sundown3500s really soon

also

car is a 05ford mustang

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

is the big 3 done... check grounds... with that type of electrical you should be solid on a aq 3500.1 unless your running a dumb low ohm load..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

is the big 3 done... check grounds... with that type of electrical you should be solid on a aq 3500.1 unless your running a dumb low ohm load..

big3 done ground dont move at all nice clean straight bodyframe as for my other batts there connected to the negative batt to the front, and not that low im at a 1ohm load

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

well i currently have 2d3100s in my trunk and one 3400 under the hood and 1mechman 270 in my car and when with the car off its 12.6-12.8 all depends if i charge my batterys or not on my xspowercharger1215 and when the car is on around 13.6 very rarley see it go past 14volts even when im driving and dont play my system for 10-15mins

any help? i would like to add more power but i fear huge voltage drop i run a aq3500d1 and plan on running 2 sundown3500s really soon

also

car is a 05ford mustang

Check into the XS Power VCM... It has adjustable voltage on it, and you can add additional alts later on if need be too...

The xs vcm as boiler said...you can set your alt to charge @ whatever you want.

will it work for my car tho? you think it could be the pcm in my car? or w.e its called the computer taking away my voltage?

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I'm having the same problem, but with stock alt and XS D3400 under hood w/ big 3. My truck stays at 13.6-13.7 when driving, with no amps connected. Is it just something that some vehicles have that cause it to stay at that level?

thats is somthing i wouldnt know because we have different vehicles but it could well be

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

There's some trucks out there that control the voltage with the ecu iirc and limit it down decently low. Can't remember what vehicles do that, and I'm not sure how to bypass it either. I would doubt the mustang does it though...orionstang would be a good person to ask. :shrug:

The 05+ Mustang should be PCM controlled, that will eliminate the adjustment of your voltage until we develop a device to work with your PCM to provide voltage adjustment. It's more complicated than our other voltage adjusters by far as the computer is using pulse-width modulation to control the voltage output and is looking for a specific voltage based on it's programming to determine the load of the alternator on the engine.

The 05+ Mustang should be PCM controlled, that will eliminate the adjustment of your voltage until we develop a device to work with your PCM to provide voltage adjustment. It's more complicated than our other voltage adjusters by far as the computer is using pulse-width modulation to control the voltage output and is looking for a specific voltage based on it's programming to determine the load of the alternator on the engine.

so does that mean im stuck on what i have then :(

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs