That circle was all me. Too many beers and not enough double checkin. :D at least if was for the recessed mount and not the hole. Figured I would get some shit for it but kept the pic anyway.

Building a 119 Bassrace truck :peepwall:

The box is this by that by so :drinks: Swing by some time if ya need some real dimensions. I keep a log book of all the designs I do.

The 50's cars are nice. Kinda sucks now cause everyone expects one when they come to me. Too bad I haven't been able to get the same results in my own trucks :shrug:

you just build other peoples cars its what your good at and have your son build your trucks! bet he gets louder than joo :rofl:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

We haven't clampped the amp. Maybe here soon we can. Those xxx amps are a beast on higher voltages , so I wouldn't expect crazy numbers at 12v

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

We haven't clampped the amp. Maybe here soon we can. Those xxx amps are a beast on higher voltages , so I wouldn't expect crazy numbers at 12v

I believe they changed their ratings on the site supposedly...thats what meade said is it only did like 7500 or something at 12v. Their site says like 14.8k at 14. Was curious as I know theyre powerhouses at 16+.

I believe they changed their ratings on the site supposedly...thats what meade said is it only did like 7500 or something at 12v. Their site says like 14.8k at 14. Was curious as I know theyre powerhouses at 16+.

Yeah unfortunately if your not running higher voltage, then your not getting your full potential out of the amp. I'm afraid his little car might implode at 18v. But it would be fun to see none the less :D

build looks good seen it in person on friday! props

Thanks D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Just a sugestion, if you want more spl out of that particular setup keep the woofer firing up and switch the ports to side firing. Now it won't play as low as it does with the ports back but it should be quite a bit louder. Here's an example of my 2010 NSPL box that did very well with 2 15's. The numbers in my sig were done by this box, but are higher now that I have 4 12's in my ZX3.

006-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Damn Nice numbers. Might be a little tough to match that score out of a single sub. Will look into a side port option. Have only seen it work in a few cars. It's good to know it works in this one. The rear hatch has quite a tough curve on it for sure.

Damn Nice numbers. Might be a little tough to match that score out of a single sub. Will look into a side port option. Have only seen it work in a few cars. It's good to know it works in this one. The rear hatch has quite a tough curve on it for sure.

Chances are I may have a few tips for you guys to get the car louder without even doing a new box. When you burp the vehicle try having someone sit in the middle of the windshield in front. This gave me anywhere from .6-.8db by doing so. Also moving the passenger seat all the way foward and tilted up is good for .4 but I believe that is now illegal to do so in Db Drag. Another thing is taking the carpet out of the rear quarter pannels in the hatch for .2 dbs. Then you can also cover the vents below the rear tail lights with deadener to get another .2 dbs.

I was able to do a single 15" woofer setup in the car with a total of 3.6K watts clamped on it and did a 152.6 sealed on the dash with the woofer firing up and port to the driver's side. I used a single 8" custom made aero with the box loaded all the way at the back of the hatch and in the corner of the passenger side of the hatch.

No matter what the number is pretty damn good out of a single 18. I just love to give help with this car since there aren't a ton of people that have been able to get them loud like you or myself. If I had to guess even with the same exact box and a couple of the tricks that I suggested a 152 is a pretty reasonable score to reach.

Let me know if you want or need any help at all, as I'm always willing to help a fellow Focus owner.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Whoops I forgot to mention that if you do fire the ports to the side it is best to have them about 4-6" from the side wheel well. I have found that is the sweet spot even with a 8" port, to let it breathe and produce the max spl. I tested closer and further away and got almost the same exact numbers from 4-6" clearance from the wall for some reason.

It also sounds great too. The new box I did with 4 12's is setup firing woofers up and ports to the side. It has 6 4" aeros and is tuned to 35hz. Also found that woofers firing back and ports firing up work well in the ZX3 too. I know that sounds crazy, but I was able to do 153's with the 2 15's before I went to the woofer up port side configuration. I have these box designs if your interested in them. They are designed for Nightshades, but I'm sure would work with any comparable sub.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived