Second Skin Audio

issues :/

That's why he is doctor boom man! He is coming up with new advances in the audio world! Shit I'm gunna go put some juice in my subs right now!!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Sounds like 1 sub ended up being weird lower then the other /one sub just never had juice and the reason for all the issues.

Wow thanks for the technical troubleshoot man!! Apearantly the OP should just add a little juice to the weird sub! Any more problems guys??? Just ask doctor boom!!!

Or that it was just a typo of the word wired....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Sounds like 1 sub ended up being weird lower then the other /one sub just never had juice and the reason for all the issues.

Wow thanks for the technical troubleshoot man!! Apearantly the OP should just add a little juice to the weird sub! Any more problems guys??? Just ask doctor boom!!!

Or that it was just a typo of the word wired....

Doesn't matter if it's weird or wired, it makes absolutly no sense either way. Nor is it helpful in anyway, "one sub just doesn't have the juice" that's what caused the problem here? Sorry but I've never seen that problem before, just sayin

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Someone trolling? Lol

OP, what are your box specs? Perhaps they're bottoming out because your net internal airspace is too big for the power you're giving them?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Okay yeah, sorry guys I was laughing too hard at the juice post, I havnt been help either... A few weeks ago I was reading on a thread that a guys sub was unloading because one was too close to the port. Could be omething to look at, or like say earlier you might have messed up a spider

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

I've heard some "popping"instances were caused by a hard ass clip too. Find a digital muilti-meter at the very least and take 2 minutes to find and follow the gain setting chart. The gain is by no means a set in stone volume knob. Depending on the input voltage the amplifier is seeing from the rca's helps to determine how much that signal needs to be ampified. Clipping is not your friend.

Edited by Cashdollar2009

By wiring your amp the way you have it now, you are still at a 1 ohm load... the channels are paralleled internally if I'm not mistaken. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I would almost say something failed on the sub if the other one is still working fine. Like said earlier maybe a spider came loose or something. How was your SSF set when it bottomed so hard? It should be 3-5hz below your final box tuning.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

By wiring your amp the way you have it now, you are still at a 1 ohm load... the channels are paralleled internally if I'm not mistaken. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

You sir are correct.

im runnin individual boxes and they are built at 3 cubes before sub and port displacement...i talked to torres when i was buildin them and he told me to do 3 18 inch ports that are 18" long in each box...i believe he said thats 35 hz roughly...but i had 2 kicker comp 12's in them before and i NEVER had any problems with bottoming out or anything. they did amazing even when i put my mtx amp on them before the one blew. so i dont think its the boxes... i think since im still learning how to tune the amp.. i prolly messed up a spider like u guys were talkin about :/.. any tips on how to tune the amp correctly?? and idk anybody with a digital multimeter...but is that the meter that shows u the curve as u turn up the knobs and once the line chopps u cant go any higher?? how hard would it be to fix the spider??