Second Skin Audio

issues :/

so i finally got my fi x twelves in and they fit right into the boxes i had already made. worked perfect. they are svc 2 ohm... and at first i wired them at 1 ohm off my mtx ta81001...the next day one of the twelves popped... it was like the voice coil or somethin popped...so i turned it down and let it chill for a lil bit...turn it bk up and it was fine. then one day on my way to work i put on a song i hadnt heard yet and it hit really low and it completely bottomed out pretty hard...but the other one didnt. so i re wired it bk to just a 2 ohm load and it still pops if i turn it up! but its just the one...the other does phenominal. wat does the popping mean??? can anyone help me out??

I'm confused. How did you wire to 1 ohm, then wire to 2 ohms with 2 SVC woofers?

Take a miltimeter and measure the DC resistance of both woofers to double check that they're both 2-ohm coils.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What amp? Do you have a subsonic filter? Sounds like the signal clipped and something in the sub was damaged like the vc glue or spider came loose. How did you set your gain?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

For the one ohm I just ran one speaker wire from the mono channel of the amp to one sub...then branched it off to the other one. But for two ohm I just hooked the amp up normal. Positive positive...negative negative. And I've never used a multimeter before lol. Do u just hook the pos and neg to the terminals on the speaker? And I got the mtx ta81001... I guess its the older version of the 1501d. And ya I have a subsonic filter. The gain was set between half and three quarters. It's just weird how only one of the subs has a problem....I'm scared to turn it up now lol. Is it possible to fix the sub??

You can't wire two 2 ohm svc subwoofers to two ohm. Only one or four.

The question isn't where did you set your gain, it was how did you set your gain. Saying the gain is between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up tells us very little. The gain is not a volume knob.

You're also currently at a 1 ohm load. If I understand you correctly, you also went from a one ohm load...to a one ohm load.

Use this. The diagrams are correct, but the values associated are not. For you, the "two ohm load" diagram will be a one ohm load, and the 8 ohm load will be a 4 ohm load. You have your speakers set up like the first one.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=1

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

sounds to me like when you were playing the lows that maybe a spider came loose and is to blame. have you given your subs a good through visual inspection yet? that is always one of the first troubleshooting steps. i would almost put money on a spider breaking loose.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Sounds like 1 sub ended up being weird lower then the other /one sub just never had juice and the reason for all the issues.

SuperBass

check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots

129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak)

http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/

comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380

Sounds like 1 sub ended up being weird lower then the other /one sub just never had juice and the reason for all the issues.

Wow thanks for the technical troubleshoot man!! Apearantly the OP should just add a little juice to the weird sub! Any more problems guys??? Just ask doctor boom!!!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

There 2ohm svc, no way to wire them differntly unless the one wasnt hooked up..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

There 2ohm svc, no way to wire them differntly unless the one wasnt hooked up..

No his diagnosis was that one sub was "weird" lower than the other lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs