*no longer* concerned about the car

I went to start it again and nothing. I try again, nothing. try my remote start, nothing. not even a click.

When it happened did everything light up on the dash when you turned the key on?

it did indeed....as if it was in accessory

ok cool, so if its not clicking, I need a new one of 'em.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

okay, Im an idiot....Im thinking it may be the neutral safety switch. based on the fact that it downpoured the other day and my windows and sunroof were all open :No: if water got onto that shit, it might be fucked. thanks for all the help, and Ill be sure to check all of the above this weekend.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ok cool, so if its not clicking, I need a new one of 'em.

Not quite, you should test the (starter) relay inputs. Might be a bitch to catch since it's intermittent.

Is this in the prelude?

yeah it is...damn can't be simple.

this car is just goin all kinds of downhill....Im thinking of scrapping it

It might be an easy fix, but you know me, I don't like throwing parts at stuff.

I don't have access to service info at home, if I get a chance I'll grab the starter diagram tomorrow. I checked that alldata-like site that was posted here yesterday, they didn't have it.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

It might be an easy fix, but you know me, I don't like throwing parts at stuff.

I don't have access to service info at home, if I get a chance I'll grab the starter diagram tomorrow. I checked that alldata-like site that was posted here yesterday, they didn't have it.

that would be great man thanks a lot! Id rather an easy fix, but diagnostics just seems like you have to replace till the problem goes away.

When my starter began to go, my car started a little harder than normal. Then one day at the gas station when I went to start it, it made no sound and just sat there. No click, nothing. Tried again and it fired up. Next day, I couldn't start my car at all and it still didn't click when I tried it. Had someone try to start the car for me as I watched the starter and when they hit it, the relay did not fire, but a very small amount of dust and smoke puffed out of the starter and there was a faint squealing sound that could only be heard if you were hanging over the engine bay.

Hopefully it's something simple and cheap, good luck.

Archived